Wednesday, February 28, 2007

This post contains lots of random thoughts

I finally got my hair cut this weekend. Overall, I was very disappointed. I asked the stylist to cut my hair to my shoulders and to add a few layers. My hair is nowhere near my shoulders, and I don't see many layers. I would have asked her to cut it shorter, but it took her FOREVER to cut off the inch that she did. I was sick of sitting in the chair, making awkward conversion. When I got home, John asked if I had even had my hair cut. GRRRR!

I also dyed my hair this weekend. I usually dye my hair a dark auburn color, but I was ready for a change. I decided to dye my hair a deep copper color instead. BAD MOVE. My hair looks awful. If you saw me on the street, you would laugh and point your finger at me. John says it looks fine - but I know its hideous. But I love him for acting like it looks okay.

Even though I am not pleased with my new hairdo, it felt good to pamper myself (even if the results were not so hot). Tomorrow I am going to go shopping for some new clothes. I was thinking about going to the thrift store, but I always have such a hard time finding the right size. So, I am going waste lots of money and go the the mall.

___________


Porgie is getting ready to crawl. She pushes herself up on her knees and then moves backward. She gets very frustrated with herself and starts crying. Even though she whines most of the time, it is still adorable to watch.

For the past few days, I have been trying to take a pictures of her up on her knees. She moves so damn fast, its hard to capture the moment. This morning I started snapping lots of pictures, and I finally got a few good ones.

My little baby is growing up. sniff sniff

__________

Recently, I was reading an article in Parenting Magazine about stay-at-home-moms who are top sellers on eBay. One woman actually made over $100,000.00 last year. Isn't that insane? I was talking to John about it, and I think we might start selling some of our old crap on eBay. It will be like having a yard sale, except I won't have to move my lazy ass off of the couch. YAY!

Have any of you ever sold stuff on eBay? If so, was it fairly easy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have all this stuff I WANT to sell on eBay, but I am scared of eBay so I guess they'll just stay in the closet. I also love to window shop on eBay, but can't buy anything. The auction thing confuses me and I remain paralyzed. I, however, CAN use Craigslist okay.

That is SO EXCITING about the crawling!!! And I love how your kitty hangs out with Porgie. Our cat Pudding is in about half of my pictures/videos of Baby.

I've gotten my hair done once since Baby came. I hate going to salons and I hate buying clothes. Well, not hate, but certainly not love. I'm glad you tried at least! What will you do with Porgie while you shop??? That's my big problem. The few times I've tried to shop, Baby has screamed at me in anger: How dare you think to buy something for yourself, when this store has lots of wonderful things for babies?

Mary said...

I used to sell on eBay quite a bit and I'm thinking of listing some more stuf soon. It's a fairly easy process. Some items are harder to sell than others. For instance: clothes. Maternity and baby clothes are your best bets to sell. If you sell them in lots rather than by individual pieces you will probably have more luck. I suggest searching for items that you want to sell on eBay and check out how much they are going for. In general, people will buy all kinds of weird stuff, so you'll likely be able to make some money. I sold some old Stampin' Up! catalogs on there-some for close to $20 a piece! Crazy!

Christy said...

Eva,
I am confused by the whole auction thing too. However, John LOVES buying crap off of eBay. I am depending on him to do most of the work.

The cat in the picture is Olive. She is the fattest cat in the world, and she loves Porgie. She cuddles up next to her, despite the fact that Porgie tries to rip all of her hair out.

Porgie doesn't mind shopping. She is really good when we go out in public. I think she is amazed by all the fun stuff to look at.

Mary,
Thanks for the advice!

Ashley said...

I have always wanted to try selling on eBay but I dont even know how it works. I would say that Porgie is definately getting ready to crawl. It probably wont be much longer now!! Let the races begin!

Anonymous said...

I sell stuff all the time, I even have two auctions going now. It's really easy. The ebay program walks you step by step through the process.

The only pain is having to know how much your package weighs so you can put shipping amounts on there. We had bought an infant scale off ebay and use that as our reference and it works fabulous.

If you ever have any questions let me know and I might be able to help!