Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Let them eat cake... I mean bread

Porgie is growing up so fast. She started eating solids at 6 months. By solids I mean liquid vegetables. At 8 months, (my baby is 8 MONTHS OLD!) she is actually eating solid food.

I have started giving Porgie pieces of toast to eat. She loves the stuff - its like the baby equivalent of ice cream or something. She excitedly crams it into her mouth, and whines for another piece. It was scary at first, because I thought she would choke. She gags a little sometimes, but nothing dramatic. Eating bread has turned into my favorite baby occupying technique. When I really need her to be quiet and calm, I just hand her a piece of toast. She shuts right up. It is amazing. Next week I think we are going to try cheerios. I can't wait!

Also, Porgie is now drinking from her sippy cup. She can't drink from the cup independently (she doesn't tilt the cup back far enough), but if I hold the cup she will gulp the water down. She is getting so big. It is amazing to see how much progress she has made in such a short period of time.

Because my baby is growing so fast, I have to take a mintue to look at times gone by. I hope you enjoys the pics.

8 months pregnant with Porgie
I don't even remember when Porgie looked like this.
Porgie can lift her little head.


How cute is she? That hat is awesome!
My baby was a ladybug for halloween:)

She is sooooo big!

4 comments:

tifferny said...

oh my gosh - what a DOLL!!!! :)

so she has discovered bread, eh? bread is gooooood. remember the days we could actually eat it without worrying about those nasty carbs going straight to our hips?? {sigh}

and what a big girl using her sippie cup!!!! my, they grow so fast. mikaela is going to be there before i know it...

Christy said...

Suz,
It is weird how the days seem to drag on forever, but the months seem to fly by. Only 8 months have passed, but I can barely remember the newborn phase.

Tiffany,
You're right, Mikaela will be acting all grown up before you know it. Sometimes I look at Porgie and want to cry. She is just growing so fast and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Anonymous said...

I think part of the reason we have a hard time remembering the early weeks was the unfamiliarity of it and the sleep deprivation. I have very little recollection of that frantic, confused time.

I love the pictures! She is sooo adorable.

Write sometime about how you introduced solids, for those of us who will be doing that in the near future. How do you know what's okay for babies? The rules seem so confusing. I would never have thought a baby could have bread, for example.

I wish I could just keep her on milk indefinitely--clearly I am freaking out about solids right now (she's 5.5 months).

Christy said...

Eva,
I was all freaked out about introducing solids too, but it has been very uneventful.

I have a love hate relationship with solids. I was so excited to start giving her real food, but now it is just a pain in my ass.

You'll see..