Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Coasters are awesome!

So, I finally took some photos of my wonderful coasters. They are totally awesome! I know that you guys will all be begging me to make you a set for your living room, but I can't. I have an eight month old baby to care for, you selfish bloggers.

Now don't laugh. This was the first swatch I attempted to make. When I finished it, I was beaming with pride.


This was the second swatch I made. I thought I was doing the single crochet technique, but it turns out that I was doing it wrong. I think I invented a new technique. I think its fabulous. What do you think?

Finally, I managed to teach myself the double crochet technique. I was very impressed with my skills, until I realized that it was shrinking. Why is one end bigger than the other?


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Well done!! You are doing far better then I could ever imagine to do! I really want to find some sort of hobby. I just havent figured out my interest yet! Let me know when i can place my order!

Anonymous said...

Excellent work! You're totally ready to make a cute little sweater for Porgies!

Anonymous said...

Or you could make it for Porgie, even!

Anonymous said...

Not too shabby at all! :)

The unevenness is from the tension of your stitches. A lot of times, as a person gets more comfortable in the project they're working on, the stitches tend to "loosen" up because you relax instead of crocheting tightly. Don't worry, the more you do the more even your pieces will be.