Saturday, April 14, 2007

Weighing on my mind

I am going to the doctor's office on Monday. Since making my appointment, I can't stop thinking about being weighed. I really don't want anyone else to know how many pounds I've packed on since Porgie was born.

I honestly feel sick to my stomach about it. I wake up at night thinking about scales and charts and my fat ass. My doctor is definitely going to lecture me about weight, and I just don't want to hear it. I know that I am fat. I know that I need to eat better. I just don't want to hear someone else utter those horrible words. Ugh.

I know I've said it before, but I am finally going to do something about my weight. Fortunately, I have lots of great blogger friends who are willing to help. Tiffany, from over at Uncommon Nonsense, is starting an online weight loss club. Obviously, I have already agreed to join. If you are feeling kind of fat and gross, maybe you could join too. Don't worry, Tiffany is super nice and won't make fun of your enormous ass. Also, Summer has been offering lots of great dieting advice over at Sunny Kids. If you have some time, go over and check it out.

Wish me luck on Monday...

10 comments:

Amber said...

Ugh, I hate talking about my weight! Last year before I got pregnant and had gone in for my annual the lady made me feel horrible for how much i weighed. I left there feeling so down about myself so I can understand where you are coming from with not wanting other people to know your weight!Good luck on Monday :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling anxious about this. It's possible your doctor won't say a thing. My doctor never says anything no matter what crazy thing I weigh (unless I've lost weight--then she congratulates me). Even when I was pregnant and gained a pound a day for a while they didn't say anything until I pointed it out (and it turned out it was related to preeclampsia).

You know you can opt out of it if you really want to.

It probably won't be so bad as you are working it up to be. I certainly hope it's not! And if your doc is an ass, screw her (or him). You can always ask for advice--not that the theory of weight loss is so complicated, it's the practice that's the problem!

Best of luck to you Christy. I'll be thinking of you.

misguidedmommy said...

so up until i got preggo i was on a diet too. I've lost 20 lbs since january 1st. i did it by joining the free website sparkpeople.com its really neat, and you count calories and monitor exerise and stuff plus you earn points, which don't really do anything, but i'm a points whore so i liked that part. it was nice being able to track my food online from work and stuff or where ever i was. i love that website, worked wonders for me.

Mary said...

I've been struggling too. I'm down past my pre-pregnancy weight, but it's not going down. I've lost only 10lbs. since January and it's depressing.

I hope the doc appointment goes well. I know how frustrating it can be. I dread the weigh in too. Most of the time the docs don't say anything about it (unless I bring it up).

Em said...

Good luck with doc, in uk doctors are that hard to see to get app, that they'd never comment on your weight anyway. Gonna go over to uncommon non site and join in. I find the sun makes me feel fat, i know strange!

Bon said...

good luck, Christy. i think Tiffany's plan is a good one.

(i'm not entirely ready to give up my chocolate...)

tifferny said...

i'm so happy you'll be joining me on my much needed quest. :)

i agree with eva. opt out of the weighing in thing if it is causing you anxiety. i often just look away when i step on the scale and tell the nurse not to read me the number.

denial. works like a charm. LOL

Margo said...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad. hugs to you. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, ok?

Anonymous said...

I hope your appointment wasn't too bad!

BTW, I tried emailing you the link and password for the blog but the email bounced. Your email address was listed as cnpurcell @ verzion dot net. Is that correct?

misguidedmommy said...

soooooo how did it go?