Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dreams

I have been having some really bizarre dreams lately. These dreams are vivid and overwhelming. I often wake up in a state of panic - thanking the lord that it was only a dream. Last night I had a really strange dream, so I'll share.

It started out with me going to the ob/gyn. I arrived at the office, and there were about 50 very pregnant ladies in the waiting room. When I told the receptionist my name, she told me to go straight back to room 4.

I started walking down the hallway, which was packed with pregnant women rushing by. For some reason, my doctor's office looked like a school. When I finally found room 4, I realized that it was actually a bathroom. I turned around to ask the receptionist if she has made a mistake, but suddenly all of the pregnant women were lining up to exit the building.

I got in line too. The lady in front of me said that they were having a fire drill. When we finally got outside, all of the women were being loaded onto a big truck. I didn't want to get on the truck, so I took off running into the woods.

Somehow, I found my way home (in real life, I never would have found my way home). I told John about the weird events at the doctor's office. He told me that I had to see the doctor, whether I wanted to or not. Fortunately, he agreed to come with me this time.

I had left my car at the office, so we started walking back . We pasted over about 50 railroad tracks. I was holding Porgie, while darting between on-coming trains. It was scary as hell. Finally, we made it to a Target store. We are frantically running through the aisles, while people tried to take pictures of Porgie. We were trying to hide her face as we ran.

Suddenly, we were inside the doctor's office. I saw my doctor sitting on a bench, waiting for me. She took me to an examination room, and sent John to the waiting room. She proceeded to tell me that she had an old changing table that I could have (I have no idea why we would need another changing table). She asked me to go get the table from another room.

I ventured over to the other room, only to find a class of 4th graders. My supervising teacher during my student teaching, was instructing the class. I told her that I needed the changing table. She gave me a hug and showed me the table.

I started dragging the table to the waiting room. When I finally got there, John asked me how the examination went. I explained that I didn't have an examine. He got really pissed. I apologized and ran back to the examine room. My doctor was gone. I started crying and begging one of the nurses to get my doctor.

Then I woke up. Isn't that strange? What the hell is the meaning behind that?

5 comments:

tifferny said...

whoa! i have no fricking idea but think it is completely awesome how you can remember all the details. i have crazy ass dreams and then COMPLETELY forget them as soon as i wake up. i mean, i'll know that i had a weird dream, but the details will be very fuzzy.

i think it is most interesting that specifically remember 50 railroad tracks and also the room number 4 (which, coincidentally coincides with the number 4 in 4th grade). hmmmmmmm.....

anyone out there have a dream book?

Summer said...

When I have a strange dream. I google "dreams" and it can tell you the meaning behind a dream.

Anonymous said...

I am also really impressed with all the detail. My father is always telling me to write down my dreams, and I never do, so I am interested to read yours. Maybe someone with a Jungian background can interpret.

Em said...

I never remember dreams so to give so much detail, well done!

But i have no idea either!

Anonymous said...

HAHA, so I had this CRAZY vivid important-seeming dream last night, and was all set to tell you about it, but I've ALREADY FORGOTTEN IT. Oh well.