Friday, April 6, 2007

My furry friends

I rarely ever mention them, but I have numerous pets running around my house. So, I have decided to share some photos and information about my furry friends.



This is Puppy (I know, we are real original). She is the best dog in the whole world, and I love her to pieces. Puppy is very smart. She understands countless words and phrases. Additionally, she is gentle and caring with everyone. She has spoiled me - every other dog pales in comparsion.



This is Daisy. She is the dumbest dog in the whole world. Daisy is very clueless, and is content to mindlessly lick your arm for hours. She is also the most annoying dog in the world. She wants to go outside approximately every 30 minutes. Every time you sit down, that damn dog is whining to go outside. Despite her flaws, we still love her.

This is Kitty (What the hell is wrong with us?). He is a sweet old cat. Kitty is the peace keeper among the cats. He is very calm and mellow. We adore him.

This is Olive. She is extremely fat and needy. Olive is content to sit on your lap for hours. She would actually be the perfect cat for a little old lady. Olive has lots of weird health issues, which no vet can seem to cure. She vomits about 4 times per week, and sneezes about 80 times per day.

This is Pudgy (she is Olive's daughter). She is a sleek, petite cat. I call her the black panther. She is definitely the smartest cat we have. She can play fetch, open closet doors, and drool like a dog. She is also the only graceful cat we have. All of the other cats are constantly knocking stuff off of the tables and mantle.

This is Potato. She is a dumb little cat, who is always getting into trouble. The other cats don't like her very much, but I don't think she cares. She is kind of neurotic about being petted. You can only pet her head and shoulders. If you get brave and venture down to her tail, your ass is going to get bit.

So tell me, do you have any pets?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already know all about my pets since I wrote about them

http://antropologa.wordpress.com/2007/01/31/pictures-of-the-menagerie/

But what I want to know is: what kind of vacuuming procedures do you have? What brand do you recommend? Do you have carpets? If so, is your carpet gross from fur and vomit?

Anonymous said...

We have two cats, one male, one female.

The male cat barfs all the time unless we buy prescription low-ph cat food that can only be bought from the vet. Obviously I hate cleaning cat puke so we are stuck buying the prescription food. It's not too bad, about $30 for a 20 lb. bag. Both cats eat it. It's made by Science Diet (just fyi about Olive since she throws up a lot). His name is Harry, he's almost 6 years old and he is pretty needy and talks/whines ALL THE TIME. He's a sweetie though.

Betty is the female and she's a fat ass, almost 10 years old. She's getting crabby in her older age. She can get annoying when guests come over because she WILL NOT leave them alone. It's all my MIL's fault because when she visits, all she does is brush the cat. Sometimes we lock the cats in the basement when they visit because it is so distracting. She also nearly died yesterday when she scratched the baby. Granted it was more my husband's fault in letting my son get all over her, but still. She's my first cat I ever had.

The two cats hate each other and fight often. We used to have a third cat that was the mediator but we had to put him down over a year ago because he was really sick.

While we love our pets, some days I think that if I could find a good loving home, they'd be outta here. But then I know I'd miss them too.

We also have fish but only one has a name. They're pretty low maintenance and fun for the baby to look at.

misguidedmommy said...

at one point in my life i think i have had all of those pets! my current cat, fetches, drools and pukes but only after he eats my plants, flowers, rubber bands, cat toys, non cat toys and so on. One time he swallowed an entire toy mouse whole and then puked it up minus the furry stuff.....that scared the shit out of me. i had one cat who had about 400 kittens in her life and after we fixed her, every few months she would go gather objects and put them in her bed like her kittens, her favorite kitten was my retainer. everytime i took it back she meowed for days like i had taken her child....

Amber said...

Wow that is a lot of pets! Me I have no pets, but I do think I should invest in a dog at some point that way it could clean up the mess my kids leave on the floor :-p Really though eventually we'll have animals but for now just kids.... but your pets are cute!

Christy said...

Eva,
We are awful pet owners. We have carpet, and we only vacuum once a week. I know, we are totally gross. We have a Hoover Wind Tunnel - it is a great vacuum cleaner. I want a Dyson, but they are too expensive.

Regarding the cat vomit, we clean it up wih club soda. It cleans everything - we don't even have one vomit stain on our carpet. (A professional carpet cleaner actually told me about using club soda)

Dooneybug,
I am going to look into the low-pH food - thanks for the tip. We already have our cats on science diet, so the price isn't really an issue. I also have a 75 gallon fish tank, but I haven't set it up since we moved from Kentucky.

Margo said...

I had a cat for 20 years, his name was moses. We lost him not long ago. I miss him much. Your little furry friends are too cute!

Anonymous said...

Haha, Christy, you know what? We have that same beleagured, tortured vacuum cleaner. And what's worse? We (well, I) use it LESS OFTEN THAN YOU DO.

I'm doing better now that the baby is hanging out more on the floor, but still, we are gross people.

We buy our cat food by its color, so the vomit will match the carpet. That helps with stains!

Ashley said...

Wow! You have so many pets and they are all so cute. We have one cat, Dion. He is all white with green eyes. He is 9. I will post about him sometimes soon.........great idea!!

Timi said...

Love all of your pets.

You've probably seen our puppy (well, not so puppy) in my posts. She's great, very smart, cute, but boy did she give us a run for our money. She's not an easy dog. We owe everything to our trainer, thanks to him the lines of communication are open with the pups. We love her dearly but life is always work with her.