Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spell check and third degree burns

I have previously complained about my editing skills (or lack thereof). Despite how many times I proofread my posts, I always find various mistakes lurking about. My new complaint is regarding comments. I am making a total jackass out of myself when leaving comments on other people's blogs. As soon as I hit the publish button, I realize that my comment doesn't make any sense. I misspell everything, I leave out words, and I disregard all punctuation. Therefore, I think Blogger should incorporate spell check and grammar check into the comments section. Would that be too much to ask?

The people at Blogger need to get their asses moving on this. I am starting to look like an incompetent asshole.
______________
.
Remember a few day back, when I told you that I burned my arm? Well, I think I gave myself a third degree burn or something. This is what it originally looked like...
It hurt like hell. For 2 or 3 days, it burned and throbbed continuously. By Monday, it had stopped hurting, but began to peel. This is what is currently looks like...
The skin underneath looks raw, but it is actually hard and tough. I think I burned multiple layers of skin and tissue.

Do you want to know how I burned it? Making rice. RICE.

10 comments:

Amber said...

Wow that looks painful! And making rice!? But how come in the picture it looks like two different spots did you burn on both arms? I hope that starts to heal soon!

tifferny said...

OUCH! you poor thing!

oh and re: the comment section...i, too share your pain. do you know that i am such a dork that i sometimes write things in microsoft word and then import them. LOL. of course i don' do this every time but i have been known to do it. oh and i always write my posts in word and then cut/paste them into the content section. i know....LOSER. :)

if it is any consolation, i find your comments always make sense. and who gives a shit about punctuation. i'm an over-punctuator and damn proud of it!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That looks bad. And not "bad" in a good way.
Is it a steam burn? They are usually the worst!
I too, hit "publish" too soon and have to go back and comment again about my complete lack of proof-reading skills. Strangely enough, I can spot a typo on a paper for other people. The other night I was surfing through the guide on Comc*st cable and almost watched a show called "The life of Chirst".
Being as I have recently completed my R.C.I.A. classes and was baptized, confirmed and made Holy Communion during the Easter Vigil, I was pretty sure that was supposed to be "The Life of CHRIST".

Em said...

Yowch! All you can do is let it dry, doesnt make it feel better tho!

You've prob notcied but i the queen of bad grammar and spelling, so dont worry about it - LOL (in fact the intro on my blog comments on it)

S said...

Yikes!
I'm glad that it's getting better, but still!

As for grammer and punctuation, consider yourself the next Mark Twain. Seriously, he wrote how people talk, which means bad grammer and all! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry you hurt yourself. That sucks.

Also, you are an excellent, delightfully acerbic writer.

misguidedmommy said...

okay umm EWWWW! and second..


RICE....RICE!!!! You dork!

Hope you feel better kiddo!

Bon said...

ow!! ow!! burns are my secret phobia. i send nice healing vibes your way. stupid rice.

as for the comments...the only problem is that there are so many systems other than blogger, so you'll have to lobby all of 'em. :) hell, though...i don't think any of us care if our commenters have less than perfect grammar...we just like getting comments.

Christy said...

Amber,
It is the same burn. The pictures were just taken at two different angles.

Tiffany,
Have you noticed that Blogger won't let you cut and paste items within your post? I should start typing my writing in Word too. Thanks for the tip.

Cat,
You're a smart cookie - yes it is a steam burn.

Misguided mommy,
I am a dork. In my defense, my husband usually does all of the cooking.

notquitestandard said...

OUCH!

I have so many posts that have had to be "retouched". It's just so much easier to hit "publish".

Rice cooker?