Thursday, April 26, 2007

Breaking up is hard to do

Dear Mr. Exersaucer,

I have loved you since the first time I saw you. I remember our first meeting so clearly. You were sitting on the shelf at Babies 'R US, all laid back and very cool. I was absentmindedly strolling by, when your bright colors caught my eye. I fell in love almost immediately.

We brought you home, and John put you together. Both Porgie and I were very fascinated with all your features. We placed you in the "playroom." You were the center of our little world. Needless to say, we used you everyday. And you were happy and I was happy and Porgie was happy.

You have been such a good and loyal friend. Although you have only lived in our house for 6 months, you have helped me in countless ways. I will forever be in debt to you.

You held my baby while I washed dishes - everyday for 5 months. You held my baby while I pumped breast milk. You held my baby while I cooked dinner for my family. You held my baby when I felt sick and awful. You held my baby and made her smile when nothing else seemed to make her happy. You have such a gentle and kind way with children. God, I love you.

I'll stop beating around the bush and get to the point. This is really hard for me. Mr. Exersaucer, its over. We don't need you anymore. Your spinning seat no longer seems so alluring. Your animal buttons have all been pushed too many times. I am sorry, but we have found something better.

I know that you are hurt, but don't worry. I have a feeling that our love will be rekindled soon.

Love,
Christy

9 comments:

Suz said...

BWHAHAHAHA! You know, I was glad to get rid of it and have that corner of the den back, but my husband felt much the same way that you do.

Ashley said...

love rekindled soon? Is there something you need to tell us?

karla said...

Something better? Do tell! Do tell!

Anonymous said...

I remember how sad I was to pack away the swings...swings my baby had loved and slept in now lay idle in the attic. And the bouncer. The lovely bouncer. So sad that they grow up. Nice too though.

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Hee-larious!

My kid would never sit in the exersaucer for very long. He spent hours in the highchair though - I think he just wanted to be up high with us. Of course, as soon as he really started to eat full meals, he didn't want to have much to do the highchair. It figures! It must be the cleanest highchair in the history of highchairs because seriously - he's hardly EVER eaten in it!

tifferny said...

awwww poor mr. exersaucer.

i'm there w/ the bouncy chairs and mikaela's papasan swing. just...not...quite...ready...to...
let....go....

i think for me it is a stark reminder of how quickly my beautiful daughter is growing. before we know it christy, our daughters will be going off to college.

god, i have now officially depressed myself...i've killed my friday mojo. :(

Mary said...

Claire has loved her exersaucer too, but I think that she's ready to let it go even though I'm not. The last few days she has freaked out when we put her in it. Funny thing is she loves to pull up on it and play with the toys just not sit in it.

Margo said...

Rekindled soon indeed!!!! :-)

misguidedmommy said...

SEE, I READ THIS AND I THOUGHT HMMMMMM I WONDER IF SHE IS HAVING ANOTHER BABY AND NOT TELLING...I KNEW IT!