Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I can crochet

So, we all know that I don't clean, I can't cook, and I am fairly dimwitted. But, I do have a few redeeming qualities. Did you know that I can crochet? Oh yeah, I think I've mentioned it here and here and here. Damn, I am irritating.

Anyways, since I found out I was pregnant again, I started working on a blanket for the new baby. I am one of those annoying people who always get things done super early. In school, I always had my final project done months ahead of time. While teaching, I always had all of my lesson plans ready a full week in advance. In mothering, I finish my baby's blanket when I am only 14 weeks pregnant. Damn, I really am irritating.



I decided to go with a gender neutral color scheme - white, yellow, and green. I love the design, and I think it looks wonderful. I can't wait until December, when I can wrap it around my precious newborn baby.

Porgie really likes the new baby's blanket. The afghan I made for Porgie was knitted very tightly. However, this blanket is much looser. Porgie likes to put it over her head and look through the little holes. She is such little cutie.

10 comments:

S said...

That is great! Ever thought of doing a side business? :-)

Amber said...

Very cute, you do such a good job making these! And I for one am also so excited for you to wrap the blanket around your new little one in december too! Are you going to find out what the sex is?

Bon said...

crap, lost my first comment!

what i was saying was something along the lines of yes, you are very talented...beautiful blankie, beautiful girl on top of it.

and yep, that's really irritating to those of who like to imagine ourselves organized but can't seem to get out of our own way!


:)

Em said...

I was just thinking are you gonna find out the sex? Only because i could for see you doing another. Its great by the way!

Anonymous said...

I agree with S., you should go into business. I love, love,love hand-made things. I've bought ponchos & stuff for Maggie from e-b@y.

I'm one of those annoying last-minute people. Not like Christmas-Eve-shopping-last-minute-people, but I have been in Target on the 23rd.....

Anonymous said...

It's very pretty. Wow, you're going to have a tiny baby to put in it!

Lainey-Paney said...

I'm impressed.
I can't crochet or knit, and really, if my mom is not there to tend to the bobbin--I can't sew either!

Lainey-Paney said...

P.S. I can hot glue like a M'F'er though!

Suz said...

I'm impressed that you even finished it! I have two half-finished baby sweaters.

Anth said...

Oh Christy, you're so irritating. That's why I keep coming back for more!

I love that you are a crocheter. I am too! We rock. The blanket turned out very cute.