Thursday, June 7, 2007

This little light of mine

Guess what? My baby is one year old today. I just can't believe it. She is still so small. How can she possibly be a year old? I just don't understand how time can pass so quickly. MY BABY IS A YEAR OLD!

Although this year has zipped by, it also seems like Porgie was born ages ago. I barely remember those early days with her, but I do know that they were incredibly hard. Shortly after bringing her home, I distinctly remember wishing that I was still pregnancy. Yet at the same time, I also remember being so thankful that she was in my arms, safe and sound. As you can see, the newborn phase was a confusing time. Porgie and I both cried a lot during this time.




Fortunately, things really began to look up when Porgie turned three months old. She was more alert and more adorable and less cranky. This is around the time when I finally started venturing out of the house again. We started taking Porgie everywhere with us - restaurants, grocery stores, doctor's appointments, etc. I distinctly remember the first time we took her out to eat with us. I remember feeling so liberated and free. I could finally rejoin the world of the living. It was an awesome feeling.






By six months, Porgie was sitting up independently, playing with toys, and stealing everyone's heart with her smile. Her personality really started to shine through. This was also the month that I stopped pumping, and Porgie began drinking formula exclusively. Although I was very upset about this new development, Porgie took everything in stride. She is such a good and easy-going little girl. We traveled to Kentucky to visit family during Porgie's six month, and she was a mash hit. Of course, everyone went crazy over her. I remember feeling so proud of my baby.





The ninth month was extremely exciting. Porgie learned to crawl, pull herself up, and cruise around while holding onto the furniture. She also started feeding herself, laughing heartily at our silly antics, and exploring our cabinets and drawers. Although many moms dread having their babies mobile, I was overjoyed. Porgie was able to better entertain herself, and I was able to fnally take a break. Sometimes, I would just sit on the couch and watch her crawl back and forth across the livingroom exploring her world.




I seem to love each new phase more than the last one. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring. I already know it will be wonderful.





My dear internet friends, Porgie is a year old.


I love her more than life itself.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What a big girl! How thrilling!

Anonymous said...

Awww...look at that sweet face!!

Happy Birthday Porgie!!

Em said...

Happy Birthday little miss! She is such a cutie pie!

karla said...

She is so gorgeous.

Happy Birthday Porgie!

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Happy birthday, little Porgie!

Bon said...

happy birthday, sweet little girl.

and what a lovely letter, mama.

Anonymous said...

Aww, Happy Birthday Porgie!!

What a lovely tribute to the first year.

Amber said...

Happy Birthday to Porgie!! Absolutely amazing how much a baby changes in their first year of life!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday Porgie!!! WHat a big girl you are. I hope that this coming year brings you many more adventures and aren't you a lucky girl to be a big sister soon. I am sure you will be one of the best around! Enjoy your special day. You are too sweet for words.

S said...

Happy Birthday!

Anth said...

Happy birthday Porgie!! You are adorable!

(I love the pic of her standing at the screen door - Baby E does the same thing)

Lainey-Paney said...

isn't it just amazing how fast they grow & change?

the time goes by soooooo quickly.

Happy BD, Porgie!