Monday, July 20, 2009

Shoes!

It is time for another rendition of "look at my stuff!" Are you excited? Of course you are! We have already looked at my purses, coats, lamps, and artwork. Today we will be looking at my shoes. I am warning you ahead of time, I am not a shoe person. I REALLY like flip flops, and that is about the extent of it. However, I do have a problem with saving every pair of shoes I have ever owned. So, I have a wide selection of shoes that date back to the mid-nineties.

Also, my feet are ginormous. They are seriously HUGE. It is embarrassing. Please, no snarky comments about the boats on my feet.

This is my current selection of flip flops. It doesn't take much to satisfy me. The simpler, the better...
When I am looking for something slightly dressier than flip flops, I turn to my sandals. But let's be serious - when do I need something dressier than a flip flop?
These are my gym shoes. I am really not a sneakers kind of girl. I have never owned a pair of Nike's. Ever. I am not exaggerating. However, I have owned a million pairs of Converse. What is with that pair of shoes on the right? They look like bowling shoes! Personally, I like the brown Rocket Dog shoes in the middle (no laces! AWESOME!)...
These are my dressy shoes. I rarely (if ever) wear these shoes. Actually, I haven't worn any of these shoes since I stopped teaching...
These are my favorite shoes to wear with slacks. I LOVE them. I bought them about 5 years ago, and they still look great...
I have a few other odds and ends in my closet, but they aren't worth the time to drag them out.

Enthralling - right? You're welcome.

12 comments:

Mary said...

I pretty much only wear flip flops too, but I still have a lot of other shoes around. I guess I keep them "just in case," but really I should get rid of most of them.

Amanda said...

I do love shoes, any kind of shoes!

Antropóloga said...

I have shoes dating from high school, but with my toe problems I can only wear a few pairs (actually I am starting to be able to wear my flats again though). Anyway I did, though, get rid of all my heels after they totally fucked up my toe at Easter.

Just Jiff said...

I'm a flip flops kind of girl too. And I get the plain ones from Old Navy. They were on clearance for $1/pair a few years ago. I bought every color in my size, so I haven't had to buy any in a LONG time. :)

As for my other shoes... I have one pair of sandals that are somewhat girly. My friends tell me I buy "man shoes" all the time. :(

Laura Marchant said...

Um those shoes don't look huge. What size?

Alicia W. said...

I'm a barefoot kind of gal and hardly ever wear shoes unless I have to. When I do, it's the same black heels to work or my flip flops in the grocery store. :) I feel ya honey. :)

Jen said...

I honestly don't think I have ANY flip flops... is that weird? I used to have flip flops! I think my dog chewed them up.

I do have a VERY old pair of converse that dates back to high school. I still wear them. They are disgusting.

amanda said...

a) isn't it funny how much shoes can actually tell you about a person? i have this whole new mental image of you!

b) what in the hockey sticks are we supposed to do with the old teacher wardrobe?? it's not like much of mine fits this post baby body. but i just feel weird about getting rid of it. even though i assume when i go back (maybe never) it won't exactly be "hip" anymore.

Chris said...

I like the Rocket Dogs too. Very cute!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I totally love your shoe collection. Seriously.

misguidedmommy said...

is it just me or are all four of those flip flops different size? i swear they look like they go smaller to bigger

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm really into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices as regards the boots were approximately 170 dollars everwhere. But completely I bring about this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you say about it?