Friday, March 23, 2007

Purses and such

Because I am very sick, I am going to offer lots of pictures and very few words today.

I have an obsession with purses. I love love LOVE to get a new purse. And because I am insane, I refuse to throw away any of my handbags. Seriously, I still have every purse I have ever carried.

Below are a few of my purses. I think each bag reflects my personality at the time...


This is my little old lady handbag. I bought this purse at a thrift store because I was so cool and different and unique. By the way, it was handmade my Carol.
.
This was another thrift store find. This was used during my hippy stage. Groovy design, huh?


This is my "sometimes I can be elegant" purse. It only makes appearances on really special occasions.

During college, I loved stitched bags. The more decoration, the better. I probably have at least 12 purses that look very similar to this one (different colors, of course).

This purse was purchased during my "I love corduroy" phase. Actually, I still love corduroy.

This is the purse I currently carry. Actually, it is more like a second diaper bag. It is filled with toys, bibs, and other pointless crap.

Everyone has a weird obsession with something. John refuses to throw away magazines, my mom collects creepy porcelain dolls, and my cousin has approximately 4,568 pairs of shoes. I know you have an obsession too. If you share, I promise I won't make fun of you (at least to your face).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny, because I just bought a handbag (at the Dollar Tree) yesterday. Before Baby I carried a purse, a black purse, the same black purse from Target that I would replace every year or so, that MY HUSBAND PICKED OUT. I am really not into bags.

Anyway, since I had the baby, I don't carry anything, not even a diaper bag. I just put my keys and wallet (and formerly, pacifier) in my pocket. But now I am wearing more skirts and pants without pockets (now that it's spring and my usual pants are just too large--yes, I am an easy weightloss bitch right now), so I decided to get a little purse for my wallet and keys. But like you know, I am a cheapskate, so I would only pay one dollar.

However, I do have one buying problem. Black skirts. I swear, whenever I shop, though seldom, I keep trying to buy more black skirts. I DON'T NEED MORE BLACK SKIRTS, but they call to me. "Oooh, what a nice skirt!" I have at least 8 of them. And how often does one even wear a skirt? I mean, I probably wear more skirts than the average person, but even so only two of my black skirts see much wear.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon. It's hard being sick with a baby!

Ashley said...

I hate to admit this but I absolutely hate clothes shopping and have no real clothes fetish. I do, however, need to buy copious amounts of new items when I am away next week because I have absolutely NOTHING to wear!! I suppose my fave thing to collect or own are picture frames. I have them everywhere. I just love taking pictures and have taken over 1500 since Caileigh was born....whoops.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Beck said...

My husband collects antique poison bottles....
I don't carry a purse, mainly because I can't find one I luv. I'm too picky.

Em said...

I dont have one thing i buy - i just am good a being sold to with TV adverts. Sad but its cleaning products, hair products, make up etc. My credit card burns a hole - my husband hates it!

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

I keep my favorite old purses, too!

Bon said...

sweaters. i have way more sweaters than i need. i go through cycles...for about five years it was turtlenecks, now i'm into v-necks...and most of them are beige or black or navy or brown because i'm colour-shy.

i mean, yes i live in Canada and it's cold and sweaters are useful...but if anyone ever needs to borrow a nice, neutral sweater, i'm like a warehouse.

Margo said...

If those reflect your personality then we would so get along! I love all of those. I have a similiar obsession with lipstick, but photos of that collection wouldn't be as fun. LOL

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Wow girl! You have a lot of purses. I so love the green one! It's most certainly my taste!