Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I know that you earn all of the money, but you're still annoying

I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but my husband is driving me INSANE. He snores so damn loud. Why is he so fucking noisy? I punch him and poke him and yank on his covers, but he just keeps on snoring. I am seriously considering moving my ass out of the bedroom. The couch is looking more and more appealing. Actually, anywhere sounds more appealing than my bedroom.

Also, my husband is mean in subtle ways. He would never insult me directly, but he still finds ways to make me self-conscious. Usually, he does this through our children. He'll remark on an undesirable trait in our children and then accredit me with bestowing this quality upon them. For example, last night he remarked that Izzy sweats a lot - "just like mommy." What the fuck is that supposed to mean? I don't sweat excessively. At least, I thought I didn't sweat excessively. Even though my husband is probably talking out his ass, I found myself applying to little extra deodorant this morning. Stupid jerk face husband. He really gets on my nerves.

And finally, why does my husband have so many fucking clothes to wash every week? I swear, 2/3 of all the laundry belongs to my husband. He has "work clothes" and "relaxing clothes." So, he wear two different outfits everyday. That really adds up. Bastard.

Gah. Husbands are annoying. Especially when you have to do their dishes, wash their clothes, and cook their food.

12 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Are you sure you aren't writing about my life, lol

kristi said...

My hubby will come up to me at 9:30 at night (we both work) and ask does he have any clean jeans?

WTF?

Can you not LOOK and find some? Oh and he says our daughter is short and stubby like me and our son has a horrid temper because of me.
Thanks, hon.

Jen said...

LOL! I was just thinking about writing a blog today about how the "honeymoon phase" of my marriage is OVER. It used to be that my husband could do no wrong and he honestly NEVER annoyed me. Such is no longer the case.

amanda said...

at least you remembered your deodorant :)

and the snoring?? seriously??? and then when i do shove him awake he looks all upset like i woke him up and how dare i do that! hello i have been awake shoving you forever. if i don't sleep, you don't sleep buddy!

and totally hear you on the laundry - i could go weeks without doing my laundry but him? no way!

i get it.

Anonymous said...

The worst part is that if you kill them, they put you in jail where you spend a lot of time alone and only have to do one chore and get to watch tv....

Oh wait, that doesn't sound so bad.

Unknown said...

I know, mine makes so much laundry and dishes. What is that?

Rachel said...

OMG-my hubby goes through so many clothes...more than the kids even..crazy huh? Yeah they suck. I got so angry with my hubby last night but then I love him again today. crazy huh?

Anonymous said...

Mine doesn't snore, but he *does* have incurable athletete foot. So his feet are really stinky and he *HAS* to change his socks 3 times a day. A dark pair for work, sweat sox for home & a f resh pair of sweatsox for bed. Yes, he wears socks to bed. eeewwwwww. He says it's so that he doesn't give his funky-ass-athlete(HA!! Athlete....Not Joe) foot fungus to me. Like I would EVER rub my feet on him. ::::shudder::: Then there's the clothes. Work clothes, releaxing clothes, pajamas. PLUS he works for an EMT service AND he's a cop on the weekends. There's 2 additional uniforms every week.

I do ALL the housework, cooking, cleaning, child-rearing etc... I even take the garbage out. I work full time outside of the house too, wht do I have to take the trash out? Isn't that a boy's job??

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I'd make his ass rewear the relaxing clothes. HELLO. He's just relaxing anyways. Psssht.

I am back!!! Come check it out. I have to play some catch up right now though.

Anonymous said...

This is why I think the show Big Love is appealing. Circulating a husband around every few weeks sounds divine. And I moved out of the room a long time ago. Fuck the snoring. I need my sleep.

Anonymous said...

I think you were talking about me. I'm thinking about moving to the couch too.

Nicole S. said...

Yes - what is it about husbands and their clothes? I have no idea how he manages to go through so much laundry. The kicker is, he travels for work and isn't home half the week and all his work clothes are dry cleaned and HE STILL HAS MORE LAUNDRY THAN ME! how is that possible???