Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thank you friends

I was unnecessarily harsh in my last post. Porgie isn't demonic. She is just going through a difficult period right now. And it doesn't help that Izzy is also going through a clingy stage. He is only happy when he in my arms. With these two situations combined, I sometimes get a little overwhelmed. But I know that it is all temporary. In a few months, things will be great again, and I won't even remember this frustrating period in their development. Thank you for listening and for not judging me too harshly (at least in the comments section).

I have been slacking in almost all areas of my life. The laundry is piled up, I am behind on my blog reading, I have thank you cards to write, pictures to mail out, and errands to run. I just can't seem to get anything done. I get so worn out with the kids, that I simply don't feel like accomplishing anything when they are in bed. I just sit on the couch and read. Sometime I watch TV. But I do nothing of importance.

Tomorrow is another day. Maybe I can get my act together by then.

13 comments:

dani said...

you need a "YOU" day, c!!! (or maybe a YOU weekend;)
l,
d

Just Jiff said...

Oh man... with one clingy kid and the other being a whiney 3 year old, you will NOT get anything done! I have a clingy 15 month old and a whiny 32 year old hubby and a needy 7 year old stepson... so I DONT get anything done daily. I come home from work, feed everyone, play with Bayley and Z, keep hubby entertained or let him lay on the couch like a slug, then I get everyone bathed and teeth brushed, then everyone to bed. Then I have a chance to pee, eat something, brush my teeth, feed the dogs, and get ready for bed. To hell with laundry and cleaning the house! lol.

pitapocketmom said...

Slacking is my middle name and my twins are also clingy and T is demonic. My thank you cards are written but not addressed or sent out. Laundry is my worst enemy. Just saying your not alone! I like the way you think in couple months this will all be forgotten and everything will be great again

Lainey-Paney said...

some days are like that.

no apologies needed.

if you can't vent here---where can you vent!?

Jen said...

Dude screw laundry. I have ENORMOUS PILES OF IT EVERYWHERE. I need a laundry fairy. STAT! Oh yeah, she is called my MIL and she is on vacation! I NEED HER BACK!

Kris said...

Did I miss that post or just drawing a blank? Anyways, don't feel bad... we all have those days were we just need to vent. And comp understood on the house. Lack of computer is actually helping me there lol... but still I could have written a very similar post lately. We finally caught up in one area (the kitchen) but laundry... uggh. Anyways, I agree that you could prob use a break (and if you figure out how, please please let me know!)... but either way hope things get better soon!

Clare said...

they definitely go through tough periods that is for sure!! today is a new day!

Tabitha said...

You are so right ~ tomorrow is another day and it does get better!
Although there are new challenges at every age! My two are driving me totally mad at the moment and they are 7 and 11......does it ever end?? ha ha
Love and hugs Tabitha XXX

amanda said...

that's the thing though friend - you weren't unnecessarily harsh - we need more mommy truth. this job is hard. and these "phases" are at times very painful.

this isn't the stuff you know while babe is in the belly. it's the stuff you learn as you go.

and thank the stars i have someone like you in my world - bc when it's my turn, you will nod and understand.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Ah - so relate to that last part... One of these days I'll start getting things done...

Chris said...

I completely understand the nap time. I always want to chill out, read blogs, nap myself, or do anything but be productive. And then when I'm not productive, I feel guilty as soon as he wakes up! It's a double-edged sword.

Anonymous said...

It happens to the best of us. You are so not alone!

Nellie said...

I feel exactly the way you do about your day... I just feel like doing nothing and I have a to-do list very similar to yours... the worst part is that I only have one damn kid! Haha!