Friday, July 10, 2009

Just stuff

We have no breakfast food left in my house. At the beginning of the week we had cereal, waffles, and yogurt. But somehow it has all been used up. I just fed my children cheese and peaches. They seemed happy enough.
__________

I finished the Twilight books. They were good (maybe a little too good). I am happy to be done with them, because they were consuming all of my free time. Now, maybe I can go to bed at a decent hour. Or actually pay attention to my children. Or cook dinner.
__________

My repainting the living room project has been put on hold temporarily. I actually need about 3 cans of paint to cover the walls and 1 can for the ceiling. Kind of expensive. Since I am trying to be frugal, I have decided to postpone this project until we rebuild our savings account. It stinks, because I feel motivated to do it RIGHT NOW! Who knows if I'll be motivated in a few months.
__________

As most of you know, I really struggle with my Coca Cola addiction. I can kick my habit for a few months, but I eventually end up caving. I have been drinking tons of Coke lately, and I need to stop. But I don't want to! I am completely addicted. In my defense, it is my only vice. I never smoke or drink or gamble. I just consume way too much soda. Ugh. I am going cold turkey this weekend. Wish me luck.
__________

I found this awesome coupon for Khols. Go buy something cute:)

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Miss you. Did you get my message a few weeks ago? I am glad you are feeling better. You are a great mom, seriously. Yeah for kicking the habit.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the soda. Breakfast foods always seem to disappear more quickly at my house, too. What is UP with that?

Jen said...

I was the same way when I was reading books that I was super-into. I paid nothing else any attention. So I started listening to audiobooks- which SORT OF helped. SORT OF.

Good luck with ditching the soda! I am rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

My pantry sounds a lot like yours. I have 4 boxes of various cereal, but each box has maybe 1/2 bowl worth in each. I've tried mixing before with disasterous results. "MOMMY!! WHYYYYY did you put Fruity pebbles in with my Cocoa Puffs??!! WAAAHHHHH I CANT EAT THIS!!!! Never again.

Anonymous said...

I'm a recovering Coke addict, too! Not sure if you're trying to give up soda all together, or just the sugar, but when I started Weight Watchers, I switched to Coke Zero and, while it's not really Coke, it's almost as good and it satisfies my craving for Coke!

Also, after Twilight, I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse books--not nearly as good, but entertaining just the same! Very easy read, too!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the Coke thing! I'll have to get off coffee when my in-laws go.

Mary said...

I'm trying to break the Coke addiction too. It's tough and the headaches makes me crazy, so I almost always end up caving and drinking one.

amanda said...

cheese and peaches - sounds like beans idea of food heaven.

Amber said...

Glad you liked the twilight books! I read them over and over! Also if you feel like spending more time than necessary on the internet on the stephenie meyer website she released a partial draft on the midnight sun book that shows Edward's prespective of when he meets Bella! I recommend it!