Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Welcome to my home

Today, I would like to welcome you into my humble home. In an effort to share my insane personality with my readers, I have decided to post pictures of a few of the paintings displayed throughout my house. You'll notice that they follow no theme. All of my artwork was purchased on a whim, because I happened to like it. Enjoy!



This is my favorite painting. I bought it at a Starving Artist show about 4 years ago. I think it is absolutely beautiful, so I display it proudly above my fireplace.

This painting also hangs in my living room. What? My paintings don't match? That is because I am retarded. I bought this painting at a thrift store for like $10. I think its pretty.


This painting is just totally awesome! It is currently hanging in our hallway, but I am thinking that I need to find a more prominent place for it. I bought this painting from a consignment shop about a year ago. I LOVE IT!

This painting is hanging in our bedroom. It is a serene picture of the ocean and a lighthouse. Once again, it matches nothing else in the room. I bought it merely because I think its lovely.

Isn't my artwork fabulous? I know that you are completely jealous of my wonderful decorating skills.

11 comments:

Antropóloga said...

I think they're great. I am especially impressed by the framing. In one place in my house I have things tacked up on the wall with push pins like I'm still in college or something.

Anonymous said...

All are beautiful! I especially love the seascape.

I'll have to take some pics of my "artwork".
The only thing that "matches" are the Guiness prints in the living room.

S said...

Your dog picture trumps the "Dogs playing poker" any day! :-)

Anonymous said...

That's what buying art is all about though....that you love it and who cares what anyone else thinks.

I particularly like the African painting, such a cute little bare tushie! You can just feel the mother/child love shooting out of it.

misguidedmommy said...

I LOVE PRESIDENT DOG!

misguidedmommy said...

now see this is why i'm so much smarter then you. I'm smart enough not to look anywhere stretch marks could live! i didnt get em with brandon either but this pregnancy is like hey if it sucks its gonna happen, so for now i dont look any further down past my belly button!

Mary said...

Mine don't match either. Sometimes it bothers me slightly, but I'm the one who has to look at them every day, so who cares!

I love the one over your mantle.

Em said...

The dog one is great!

Rachel said...

I love the dog picture but I also love the sunflowers. Thanks for sharing this with us today.

Lainey-Paney said...

I don't think your artwork should necessarily match. It should be about what you find beautiful...and that's what you've done.

Margo said...

I absolutly love the doggie painting!