Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Starting summer the right way

My insomnia has reared it's ugly head again. I have been having so much trouble falling asleep lately. It is insane, because I walk around exhausted all day, but when I try to go to sleep, I just toss and turn for hours. I never had these problems before I had children, so I am going to blame this on them. Damn children.

To fill the hours in the night when I cannot sleep, I read. In the past month, I have read all nine of the Sookie Stackhouse novels. When I finished the series, I was still vampire obsessed. So, I started reading those books. You know which ones I am talking about - those goofy Twilight books. I was hoping that they would live up to all the hype. I was really disappointed with the first book. I thought the characters were entirely unbelievable, but the storyline did captivate me. I bought the second novel because I wanted to know if Edward turned Bella into a vampire. And the second book sealed the deal. I am now officially hooked. My husband keeps telling how lame I am, but I don't care. I am going out first thing this morning to buy the third book. But I have to hurry because...

Today is the big day! Our swing set is being installed. I am so freaking excited. YAY! Stay tuned for pictures:)

14 comments:

Alicia W. said...

I'm glad twilight got you sucked in. I'm on the 4th book and sometimes I wish I could lock myself in a freakin closet so my family won't bother me while I'm trying to read, lol.

YAY for the swingset. That is fantastic and I can't wait to see pictures. It's going to look great in your kick ass backyard.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, you've fallen victim to the Twilight curse! lol. Vampires freak me out, I could never read those books.

Yay for swings!!!!!

Nellie said...

I LOVED those books... can't wait to see the swing set!

Jen said...

My insomnia is KILLING ME RIGHT NOW! Seriously. I have no trouble falling asleep, but then I wake up at like 1 or 2 in the morning and toss and turn and think about ghosts until it is time to get up in the morning. I need tranquilizing darts FOR MYSELF!

Just Jiff said...

I thought the Twilight book was lame, too, til I realized that it was written for TEENAGERS. Then I thought, "Oh, well, this IS how they are -- dramatic and immature!" So then I loved it. I didn't care too much for Edward until I saw the movie. Wow. He's hot.

Just Jiff said...

And YAY for the swing! I can't wait!!!

amanda said...

happy swingset day!!

as for the not sleeping - don't vampires hang out at night? or wait i don't think they need sleep ever??

r u trying to tell us something?

Clare said...

yay for twilight and a fun swing set!! the kiddos are going to be so happy:)

Kate Coveny Hood said...

That's exactly why I got so into Twilight. I wanted to know what happened. But they really are pretty bad. Next up - my need to see all of the movies!

Rachel said...

Sleep is always connected to the kidneys and typically lack of iron, which can only be absorbed if you have enough vit c in the body. since you are a veggie, take 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses daily and buy some iron and vit c (solgar gentle iron does not constipate) and also add a b complex in the am. Take iron away from any other supplement. Call me if you have any questions. Hugs insomnia sucks.

Antropóloga said...

Wait--I thought you guys use the library? Buying books!

I'm glad that swing set finally came!

misguidedmommy said...

i find it funny the people who say the characters are unbelievable, the must not have gone to high school with me, we were all that dramatic and possessive and CRAZY IN LOVE.

ahhh, high school, the good ole days

Becks said...

I swear I could have writen this post!! Insomnia has hit me hard lately and it really sucks, i am always exhausted yet cant fall asleep! I feel your pain!

I neeeed to go get the Sookie Stackhouse books because I cant get enough of True Blood, Sunday is the day i look forward to because I get to watch a new episode!! Also I fell into the Twighlight series too, you cant help but get captivated! I just borrowed an Anne Rice book from the library but so far I cant get into it, its an obscure one. They didnt have her popular ones, lame!

If I figure out a trick to fight insomnia you will be the first to know!

Anyways I just had a coffee and am hyper and im sorry for leaving a novel of a comment! It's the vicous cycle..cant sleep, drink coffee and pepsi..then cant sleep again, go figure!

msprimadonna67 said...

I've never read the Sookie Stackhouse books, but I love True Blood! And I have to admit, I loved the Twilight series--it might be time for me to start reading them again.