Thursday, July 9, 2009

This is the last one! I promise!

I want to show you the finished play area in our backyard. Why am I still talking about this boring topic? Because this is by far my favorite home improvement project. This part of our yard was drab and unused. But now? It is a summer paradise. I LOVE our new swing set. Love isn't the right word. Actually, there isn't a word strongest enough to accurately describe my feelings for our yard.

The view when you walk into the yard...

The lovely mulched play area...

And mommy's swing. A little piece of heaven right here on Earth...

See the swing? I spend countless hours swinging and reading and listening to the birds. It is awesome. I highly recommend getting one for your backyard. We bought it at an Amish store. Do they have those in other parts of the country? I love Amish people! They build nice, quality stuff. And for a reasonable price too.

In summary, I love my being outside now. And I am not really an outdoorsy kind of girl. My backyard is amazing. You should totally come over to play!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your backyard looks like the best playground, EVER.

pitapocketmom said...

I wanna come play! It really looks like a piece of heaven, nice comfy swing for mom, and endless hours of fun for children! what could be better! And we have an Amish store around us also. Its funny because if they custom make something for you or you want something that is not ready they send a post card when its finished because they dont use telephones.LOL

Jen said...

That looks awesome! The closest my son is going to get to that is going to the Kids Club at the gym..

Anonymous said...

That looks WONDERFUL!!

Now, not to set you into a state of panic, but....beware the "pinch-bug". We had our swingset under a Japanese Maple and it would get covered with those earwig things.:::shudder::: Your tree looks more like a regular oak, but I thought I would pass that along to you. You're welcome.

amanda said...

it's a perfect slice of backyard heaven friend.

and beans and i will head over after she wakes up from her nap...

Chris said...

Jealous of your backyard. It looks amazing! :)

Alicia W. said...

I could sit out there on that swing all day long! Beautiful, I love it.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I do the same with the hammock!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I am so freaking jealous.

Nellie said...

Your back yard looks awesome! I would love a swing like that... and yes they do have Amish stores here but the tend to be REAL spendy.