Saturday, July 18, 2009

Seriously?

Let's see, we have covered money issues, my fat ass, and my garden. What else is there? My kids have been pretty good lately. We are playing in the backyard A LOT. To save some dough, I have been avoiding Target like the plague. And that is my life people! I have nothing else to offer you. But I do have a question. Is your husband a walking cliche? Because sometimes, I am not sure if my husband is seriously mentally retarded or if he is just trying to be funny. I asked him to dress the kids this morning.

Here is Izzy in blue and orange plaid. John told me that he thought the shirt and shorts were a matching set. Really?
Here is Porgie in hot pink shorts and a blue striped shirt. John said, "That doesn't match?" No dear, it doesn't match.
However her shoe situation really takes the cakes...
So, is you husband as goofy as mine?

12 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

That is so funny!

Amanda said...

My other half is exactly the same ~ must be a man thing!

Antropóloga said...

Mine used to dress her like a newborn version of himself--tucking in shirts and putting buttons in front. But now the mismatched utilitarian shorts outfits are just normal to me.

Bon said...

mine would dress himself like that but is too damn proud to dress the kids funny. he anticipates critique and is defensive in advance.

yes, we're a picture of mental health. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't have a husband to dress Zander.....so this only happens when Zander insists on dressing himself! ;)

Mzungu Habibti said...

My husband is colour blind... Seriously. So its like pulling teeth to get him to pick out Kalila's clothes period. If they look goofy I just keep it to myself. She's young enough people will assume she picked it out herself lol. Unless they know him... and then they know exactly what happened lol. Honestly though, I don't think the blue striped shirt & pink shorts look that bad together... maybe its just because I'm seeing a picture of it though.

Mzungu Habibti said...

oops I forgot I was signed into this account.

Mary said...

Maybe he's trying to dress them so bad that you won't ask him to do it anymore. lol

amanda said...

haha that is awesome!!

aren't boys/hubby's silly?

and color blind apparently!

Just Jiff said...

LOL. My hubby is pretty lame in the dressing dept with our daughter too. I think they do it on purpose because they don't want to be put in charge of dressing them all the time. :)

Jen said...

Yes, my husband does this kind of thing ALL THE TIME. (Sigh).

msprimadonna67 said...

My ex likes to buy only solid color clothes for the kids to minimize the possibility that they'll go out in public looking silly. Thank goodness the oldest in big enough to assist him when they're over there now.