Sunday, July 29, 2007

I have a toddler!

Porgie can walk! That's right, my little baby is now a toddler.

On Friday morning, Porgie and I were doing our usual "let's practice taking two steps" routine, where I stand Porgie up in the middle of the room, and she toddles a step or two closer to me. Anything more than two steps, and she will usually drop down and start crawling. However, Friday morning was different. When I ventured further away from her, she just kept walking. She took about 6 steps before plopping down onto her bottom.

I was very impressed. All day long, we practiced her new skills. Porgie was very proud of herself. She was all smiles and giggles.

After feeding Porgie dinner, I sat her down on the floor, and I proceeded to wash her highchair tray. I glanced up from the sink, only to see my baby walking from the kitchen to the dinning room ALL BY HERSELF!

When John got home from work, Porgie practiced walking from mama to dada for hours. Needless to say, this whole weekend has been filled with lots of walking adventures. I know that all babies learn to walk, but I am so proud I could bust.

12 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

yay how fun! nothing is ever safe again

Antropóloga said...

That sounds thrilling and fabulous. I am delighted for you all!

Mary said...

Yipee for Porgie! It is so exciting to watch babies just starting to walk. Too cute!

Amber said...

Yay for Porgie!! It's such an awesome feeling to see your child sit up/crawl/walk for the first time no matter what! Enjoy the new adventures that come with it!

Anonymous said...

How AWESOME!!
Will is starting to take that first step too. Then he surprises himself and falls on his bottom.
I give it a week or so & He'll be chasing Maggie around the house.....send help.

karla said...

That's so fun! Hip Hip Hurray for Porgie.

Bon said...

congrats to Porgie! i have to say, i like this walking stuff...the independence it gives them seems to make them so proud.

Rachel said...

How wonderful..yeah..what fun..

S said...

That's awesome! I loved (and still do) watching K walk when he was still learning. It's like a penquin! LOL.

Eva said...

How adorable! I can't wait to see photos. Of course, when #2 comes along, you won't be trying to help with walking, you'll be working hard to slow them down!

Anth said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations! Good job, Porgie! (Now come on over to the Superhero household and show Baby E how it's done!)

Em said...

Thats superb! Well done porgie, i know every baby learns things but its so exciting when its YOUR BABY!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO