Friday, July 27, 2007

Dr. NiceGuy

I had my first appointment with my new obstetrician last Wednesday. I have to say, he was the nicest man I have ever met. Seriously, I think he was the nicest human being I have ever met.

Unfortunately, my blood pressure was high once again (as expected). So, I have to perform a 24 hour urine collection. For those of you who have never had PIH or Preeclampsia, this is simply when you have to urinate in a jug for 24 hours. Then, you give this ginormous jug of urine to a lab, where they analyze it. When I came home with the jug, John asked me why I was carrying a gas can! HA!I came to the appointment, armed with all of my medical records in hand. I had copies of my pap smear done in April, and all of my bloodwork results. However, Dr. NiceGuy performed another pelvic exam and ordered more bloodwork. Kind of frustrating, but I appreciate the fact that he is being cautious.

I feel relieved to finally be away from Cooper Hospital. I am just so sick of fighting with the billing department and my insurance company. I am hopeful that this new office will be able to process my bills correctly. Wish me luck on my new adventure to actually have my insurance company pay my doctor bills. I know it sounds impossible, but I am hopeful.

P.S. The girl who was scheduling appointments, informed me that Dr. NiceGuy delivered two babies on the Baby Story show on TLC.

8 comments:

Antropóloga said...

I had to do the 24-hour thing, too, but they had me stuck in the hospital while I did it so count yourself lucky! I hope nothing but reassurance comes of it.

Okay, I have to go rescue the cat from the baby. Be well!

S said...

LOL at gas can. :-) Hope all turns out well!

Glad that you found a decent DR. Hopefully you won't have to deal w/anymore billing and insurance headaches.

Eva said...

Like the other Eva, I also did the 24 hour thing in the hospital. Of course, my outcome was that I never got to leave the hospital again until those babies came out, but I was much further along with twins. I hope your test comes out well and you can have a minimal intervention pregnancy! Take care of yourself, no better excuse for lots of rest than high BP (I know, hard with a baby at home!).

Amber said...

I'm glad you like your doctor! And as for that big ol jug, good luck with that! Looks like it will be a pain is the a** to pee in that for 24 hrs! THat's pretty cool that your doc delivered some babies on tv, I wonder if I know who he is cuz I think I've seen almost every one of those!

Anonymous said...

I had to do the 24 hour thing too, but my jug looked like a half gallon container of Apple Cider from Swiss Farms...

Em said...

Glad you've got nice doctor and you feel confortable with him!

Nice gas can!

Rachel said...

I hope all is well with you. I am glad the doctor is a nice guy.

Anth said...

Well, I think at least peeing in a jug would be easier than peeing in a cup. Why do they always make pregnant girls pee in the tiniest little cups? Like we can reach down there with the enormous bellies in the way. Pshaw!