Sunday, July 8, 2007

Family matters

So, last week I posted about the fact that Bean decided not to come to New Jersey to visit my little family. I was pissed, but also sad. Bean called last Wednesday to report that she was coming to New Jersey on Friday. I hesitated to post about this new development, because I didn't want to bitch and moan to my dear Internet friends when she bailed at the last minute again.

But, she actually came to New Jersey. Bean, her husband, and her two children arrived Friday morning. They stayed with her husband's family for the first two days. His family lives on a lake in Northern New Jersey. Today, they traveled down to south Jersey to visit me and my family.

They arrived around noon, and stayed the whole day. Her children played and played and played with Porgie. Miss Porgie was in baby paradise. I never heard a peep out of her all day long. She was happy being lugged around and manhandled by 10 year olds.

Bean's kids are getting so damn big. Although I just seen them last December, it felt like ages ago. Her kids are enormous. They look like very short adults.

Although we didn't do much, it was wonderful having them here. I wish I could post pictures, but they are unaware of my little blog.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I am glad Miss Porgie was in heaven and I am glad you enjoyedf yourself as well. I am glad it all worked out and you got to see your family. It must be tough being so far away.

S said...

I'm glad they came to visit!

Anonymous said...

Older kids are funny with the babes aren't they? My 12, 10 & 8 year old neices are always trying to carry Will around. It gets to the point where he comes looking for me to rescue him!

Anonymous said...

I´m so glad! It is very nice for babies to spend time with other children and other family members. It has been the chief joy of this trip to Sweden. Today there were four little children playing here!

Em said...

Yay gald they visited! I can imagine baby heaven!