Friday, July 13, 2007

Walkers come in all shapes and sizes

Porgie loves to practice her nifty new walking skills. She has successfully figured out out to use her "old-woman" walker, without falling. She maneuvers it around corners and travels all over the house.
Then one day, the mail arrived. We received a box, which has also become a walker. It glides across the floor easily, and Porgie just adores it.

On Porgie's birthday, my mom sent her a little train, with a caboose attachment. Porgie discovered that the caboose is a great walker too. Except she is way too tall to use the caboose as a walker, so instead she uses it as a "kneeler." She travels all over the house on her knees, pushing the train caboose.

Yes, my baby is strange. However, I am pretty excited about her fascination with walking and her creativity in finding new walkers.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the pics. When did she start doing this?

Suz said...

Ah! We have the same train and my boys use it in the same fashion -- be careful, though, if leaned too hard on, it will tip and hit the baby in the chin. Learned that one the hard way ;-)

Antropóloga said...

She's so fun. What a big girl!

What about laundry baskets? Those might work, too.

I tried my girl on the walker again yesterday at your suggestion but she still can't control the speed. Soon enough I am sure.

misguidedmommy said...

i love that. brandon used to push boxes around my work for hours, since they went so easily on the hard wood, but damn that noise of box on hard wood...aggggggggggg

Anonymous said...

Your baby is precious!! They are all a little weird :).

BTW, I did get your email, and thought I'd emailed you back, but I checked my sent box and there's nothing in there. Grrr...my internet connection sucks at times, and sometimes things time out before actually sending, that's my only explanation. Anyway, I don't have your email now, so please email me again b/c I'd LOVE to paint something for you!! chastity779@yahoo.com

Mary said...

How sweet! Babies grow up so fast!

Claire uses laundry baskets as walkers. She recently discovered too that she can slide her play gym on th e tile and use that as a walker, plus she gets a reaction from the adults because the sound is wretched-what a bonus!

Em said...

How cute, Billy still does that with most things including ym kitchen bin! Isnt she reasourceful! And sooooooooooooo cute!

Amber said...

The good ol box!! That's the first way that Connor started walking! Just wait till she takes her first steps all by herself, you will be so proud and amazed!!

S said...

Look at her go!

Anth said...

Wow, Baby E does the same thing. She has the same walker. She also likes to use boxes and laundry baskets. And has even pulled the "kneeler" at times. Hilarious.