Sunday, July 1, 2007

Complaints

Being pregnant isn't all its cracked up to be. Pregnant ladies have lots to complain about - vomiting, sore breasts, backaches, heartburn, etc. Fortunately, I managed to escape most of these aliments throughout my pregnancy with Porgie and with this pregnancy too. However, I do have a few complaints.

First, let's talk about the fact that my hips have come unhinged. When I lay on my side, my hips hurt. When I walk, my hips hurt. When I bend over, my hips hurt. Basically, my hips and pelvic region are very sore. This also happened when I was pregnant with Porgie, except I don't remember it happening so damn early.

Next, let's talk about constipation. I have been constipated for a few week now. Nothing seems to help. I feel the constant urge to go to the bathroom, but when I get there, nothing happens. I was also very constipated when I was pregnant with Porgie. From the time I got pregnant until a month after I delivered, I was constipated. I wouldn't wish this agony on my worst enemy.

Finally, let's talk about gas. Maybe this is related to the near constant state of constipation I've been in, but I have been very gassy lately. Its kind of embarrassing, kind of annoying, and kind of painful. I don't remember having gas when I was pregnant with Porgie, but maybe I just blocked out all of those horrible memories.

Don't you love to listen to me whine? And guess what? I am only 18 weeks along, so you get to listen to 22 more weeks of complaints. Lucky you!

6 comments:

Em said...

I can remember it all well! The joys hey! I dont mind you whining so long as you dont mind me! LOL

I used to eat branflake every morning and it work a treat

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am writing from Sweden!!! The keyboard is all weird here so it takes me forever to write.

Anyway I didn´t have constipation issues but do you drink a lot of water? What about lots of fiber and prunes are yummy too? Coffee good too.

How are you doing on stretch marks?

Sorry about your hips. Bath helps?

Anyway I can´tfigure out how to sign in to Blogger or hot to put in my web address so...

Amber said...

I don't mind your complaining either ;-) And stool softeners were my friend after my kids were born! So are we gonna get to see a belly shot at all?

Lainey-Paney said...

I didn't have any of those symptoms.

Sadly, I had the bachaches, heartburn, leg cramps...all the others that you mentioned.

Rachel said...

TRY UMBEOSHI PLUMS-worked wonders for me and kept me alkaline. Plus lots of flax helped too. But I hear ya about being prego. Good luck! Lots of apples too!

Anth said...

Gassy. Oh yes, I remember that. I could rival my husband when I was pregnant.