Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Insurance companies are my enemy

So, I have to switch obstetricians - and I LOVE my obstetrician. I truly hate our insurance company. Just in case you were wondering, Humana is the devil.

I have called 5 new ob/gyn offices, but I do not like any of them. Please, let me explain...

1. Office number 1 had rude receptionists and was given a bad review by my current ob.

2. Office number 2 has 11 doctors, but they are all booked until the end of August. WHAT THE FUCK? The receptionist kept trying to get me to see a nurse or midwife, but I WANT TO SEE A DOCTOR.

3. Office number 3 only has 2 doctors that actually accept my insurance, but both are on disability leave.

4. Office number 4 is listed on Humana's website, but they swear that they do not accept Humana.

5. Office number 5 was actually a surgical group and not an ob/gyn office. I have no idea why they were listed on Humana's ob/gyn page.

I am actually considering staying with Dr. S and paying out-of-network charges again. I know, I am INSANE.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Man that sucks! Cuz didn't you just switch to this ob-gyn from the other one that you liked? I hope you find something that works for you but paying out of pocket gets expensive!

Anonymous said...

Sucks Sucks Sucks.

I am having insurance issues, too. They and the doctor claim that they cover the doctor I went to, but then they won't cover any of the bill. Huh?

I hate insurance.

I'm so sorry you are having to worry about this.

misguidedmommy said...

my doctors office has a midwife. and to be honost a lot of the time i love to see her over the dr. she is so nice, and understanding and sweet, and i think i would be lost with out her, maybe give meeting her a shot, i love mine and my dr both.

Em said...

That all sounds a major pain! I always found my midwife better than the doc too!

Carrie said...

I'd go to the one that is booked up and ask them for a referal to your doctor....sometimes going the long way around will work.