Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tiffany is super smart

A long, long time ago, I posted about my horrible vertical blinds. They were awful and tacky and ugly. They dated our house and made the living room dark and gloomy. A lot of my readers gave suggestions regarding the window treatments, and I was very thankful for their input. John and I considered many different options, but we ultimately decided to go with Tiffany's suggestion of roman shades. Thanks Tiffany!

We purchased the shades about 2 months ago. The old vertical blinds were mounted to the wall instead of the moulding. So, we had to take down the old blinds, patch the holes, and then paint the wall before installing the new blinds. I don't know why I keep saying "we", because I had nothing to do with the process. John did everything. He's my hero.

So, after an extremely long wait, here are the before and after pictures.

BEFORE


AFTER

I think the new blinds are wonderful. They let in so much natural light, and they look spiffy too. We liked the blinds so much, that we also installed them in our dining room. What do you think?

11 comments:

Suz said...

Instant update! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe how neat you guys are!

I love the new coverings. Look great. Good work! Yay Tiffany!

Mary said...

They look beautiful! The shades made a huge difference in the feel of the room. We have some in our breakfast room, kitchen, and living room and I love the look.

Em said...

They look great!

karla said...

They look fab! I had to chuckle when you said "we" but technically had nothing to do with it. I do that all the time. But then again, so does Mark, and it all balances out when we talks about how many diapers we change and how many times during the night we get up. :)

Christy said...

Eva,
I have a confession to make. I picked up all the toys before taking this picture. And I may have also cleaned off one of the side tables.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I want to put roman shades in all the bedrooms as I hate mini blinds.

btw, Tiffany went "private" Would you happen to have her email so I can beg, plead, cajole for her super-secret-password? You can email me at Rowan625@yahoo.com

Ashley said...

That looks GREAT!!!!! It has given me some ideas too.

tifferny said...

damn i should have been an interior decorator! :) they look spectacular!!!!! woo!

Anth said...

Wa-a-ay better.

S said...

They look great!