Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Peekaboo, I'll scare you

Porgie is a beautiful, smart baby girl. I love her to pieces, but she is a little strange. Since birth, Porgie has displayed several weird habits and hang ups.

Porgie is terrified of Peekaboo. If you try to play this innocent game with her, she cries. Not just a whiny cry - a quivering, distressed cry. On numerous occasions, strangers have accidentally attempted to play Peekaboo with my baby. Afterward, they apologize profusely.

Also, Porgie likes to scratch her butt. At first I thought she had some eczema on her rear end, but upon inspection I discovered that her bottom looked great. No eczema and no diaper rash. However, every night when I take off diaper, she instantly starts scratching. Personally, I think she is a little too much like her daddy.

Lastly, Porgie has been obsessed with the Old MacDonald song since she was an itty bitty newborn. Porgie was a very high needs baby, who cried a lot. A LOT. However, you could always calm her with a few rounds of Old McDonald. The louder you would sing, the quicker she would calm down. To this day, Old McDonald will make her happy when nothing else will.

My baby is a little weirdo.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Claire likes "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley. That always calms her. Weird. I know.

Poor Porgie! I can only imagine how bad strangers must feel when they innocently try to play peekaboo with her. Maybe she'll grow out of it...

tifferny said...

lol! mikaela HATES peek-a-boo too! but...she doesn't scratch her rear end. :) i guess there could be worse things...my friend's baby likes to reach into his diaper and play with his poop. yep. could be a WHOLE LOT worse!

Anonymous said...

Will is easily startled. We were in the toy store & some guy dressed like a big giraffe, jumped out from the end of the aisle & Will screamed for 20 minutes.

Suz said...

Bwhahaha! That's really funny. The boyz aren't afraid of peekaboo, but anything electronic scars the pants off of them.

misguidedmommy said...

sooo happy my kid is the only one who delights in a good butt scratch. every time i take off his diaper scratch scritch scratch he goes.

Anonymous said...

What a goofball. :) I love how they have their little personalities. My baby loves the ABC song.

I wonder what she doesn't like with Peekaboo. It's always a mystery what's going on in those little heads.

Margo said...

That's so funny! Stephen was horrified of peek-a-boo at Porgies age!!

Em said...

Arent they strange, so little but knowing what they like and dont. Wait until she's a teenager! (infact thats a horrid thought, if your like me i dont want him growning up)

Billy thinks that when there is bubbles in the bath you cant see him pulling his bits, like they are made of elastic! Or at least i think he does!

S said...

I'll trade you a butt scratch for K's interest in "Mr. Bojangles"!
Every time the diaper is off, I swear!

Anth said...

Ha ha I like this post. Especially the part about Porgie scratching her butt bcause she is like her daddy. Here in our house, Baby E likes to fart and then look around like, "Who did that?" trying to blame it on her poor dad. Who is usually the farting culprit.