Friday, May 11, 2007

The insanity

So, Porgie as gotten into the habit of sleeping until 8:00 am. This is fabulous and delightful and wonderful and amazing. Except, I think the world is conspiring against me. It seems like everyday, someone or something wakes her up early.

On Wednesday, at about 7:00 am, one of my damn dogs started eating food. Now to fully understand how loud this can be, I have to explain. Daisy is basically a retarded asshole. She refuses to eat her dog food from the bowl. Instead, she gets a mouth full of food and walks it into the hallway (directly in front of Porgie's room). Then, she drops the food on the floor and proceeds to eat. I heard her chomping, so I tried to shoo her away without making noise. Daisy continued eating until she woke up my baby. Although I love Daisy, a tiny part of me wanted to rip her head off.

On Thursday, John got up for work at 4:30 am. He was stomping around the house, making tons of noise (because he is an asshole and is physically unable to be quiet). Of course, his loud ass woke Porgie up. I went in to feed her a bottle, but she refused to go back to sleep. For the next three hours, Porgie cooed and played and cried. I tried to feed her multiple times, but the bottle thing just wasn't working. When I finally took her out of the crib, she was in a sour and cranky mood. As punishment for letting her cry, she was a nightmare for the next two hours.

This morning at 7:30 am, all was quiet. I was sleeping, Porgie was sleeping, and the dogs were sleeping. Suddenly the phone started ringing. Why God? Why? By the time I made it into the living room, the phone had stopped ringing and Porgie was screaming. I checked the caller ID to see who would call my house at 7:30 in the morning. It was my doctor's office! Seriously, I don't care what type of information they had to tell me - it can wait until 8 or 9. Crazy bastards.

So anyways, I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I have my fingers crossed for you too!

Anonymous said...

I also become enraged when something/someone inadvertently awakens the baby. BE QUIET PEOPLE! (Mostly by this I mean my mom, who somehow always seems to go into her room and makes a racket when she's sleeping when we are visiting her or at the beach).

My dog Freya also likes to eat her food like that. Dogs are weird.

Best of luck with your results.

Suz said...

Wow oh wow oh wow.

The twins have NEVER slept until 8am. Here's hoping that the world lets her sleep.

Bon said...

it baffles me, this rule of the universe that seems intent on waking the baby just exactly when he or she is otherwise ready to have a nice long sleep.

and your doctor's office called at 7:30 am?!? unless they're calling to tell you that YOU are secretly dead, that ain't cool. in fact, even in terms of labour laws for your doctor's secretary/receptionist, that ain't cool.

hope you're not dead... :)