Thursday, May 10, 2007

I think I am in love...

Last weekend we went to an Ikea store. I think I am in love. Ikea has lots of reasonably priced, descent looking furniture (not great, but descent). The selection is huge. HUGE. I was overwhelmed by how massive the store was. During our trip, I fell in love with many different items. By the time we left, I had constructed a list of items I would like to purchase. Some of the things I want include patio furniture, a futon, a desk chair, a toddler bed, and of course new cabinets for my kitchen.

Fortunately, John and I were able to keep our wallets closed. I am happy to report that we didn't buy anything - we just looked. However, I think we have decided to buy the futon. Our foldout couch is just old and crappy. Oh, and super uncomfortable. With a new futon, I could sleep in peace. Can you imagine? Me sleeping! Just the thought of sleep sends joy pulsing through my body.

__________

Lately I have had a lot on my mind. When I went in for my first OB appointment, I also had some routine blood work performed. The next week, my doctor called to tell me that the results were a little alarming. Apparently, I had a high white blood cell count (which indicates that I am fighting off an infection), and I also had a high liver enzyme count (I don't really know what this means).
.
The doctor thought that maybe the lab had screwed up my blood work, so I had to have more blood drawn and analyzed. I received a call yesterday from my doctor's office. Apparently, the results came back the same this time around. So, my doctor has ordered more blood work.

I really haven't been able to think about anything else. I can't wait to have this next round of blood work performed, so that maybe my doctor can pinpoint the problem. I am making myself insane with worry.
__________

Because I want to brighten your day, here are some pictures of my beautiful baby girl. Enjoy!

I made this bikini myself. Aren't you proud?

Look at that smile. Damn, my kid is cute.

Porgie is very interested in the fridge. She can't open the door, but she still tries.

Oh, the cuteness.

10 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

i'll take a matching bakini, breast size jumbo wumbo please in hot pink! thanks

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Poo on the alarming bloodwork. You don't need that right now.

Porgie has such a sweet face!

Anonymous said...

You went to Ikea and didn't buy a single thing? You my friend, are a very strong woman! I can't go inside there without buying at least something. We have Ikea bedroom furniture for our room and Junebug's as well. And we'll probably outfit the next kid with it too. It may not be "lifetime" furniture but it sure is cheap and looks pretty good too.

I hope your next round of blood tests come back ok and if not that it's something easily taken care of. Maybe the lack of sleep is doing something to your body?

That bikini on Porgie is too darn cute! You are getting mighty talented!!

Suz said...

She's adorable!!!

Amber said...

Well I hope they figure it out soon as to what's going on with the blood work! And that swim suit is absolutely adorable on Porgie! Great job on making it!

Em said...

Its like christmas for me in Ikea, but i tend to buy rubbish! Infact i can buy anywhere i go and it be rusbish!

I had a terrible pregnancy and up unitll 32weeks i had various things wrong, one been liver problems, a rash everywhere and itching continuasly. I was on anti sickness drugs and kept passing out due to low blood count. I had loads of test and blood works done, they never came up with a reason why. drove me mad during preg. Thankfully my boy was healthy. I hope things get better for you!!

Sleep would be good!

The bikini is superb!

Anonymous said...

I have a history of liver issues so I know something about this--I've had numerous liver u/sounds and even a biopsy and it ended up being a minor problem. It's probably something simple like fatty liver. There's only a small chance this early in pregnancy that it's anything more serious. I know how scary this can be and I'm so sorry you are dealing with it right now. Poor Christy!

I personally can't stand Ikea, though I love their crap. The store itself--ugh. Probably this is because the only time I ever went I was 8 months pregnant and it was a crowded Saturday and I was with my annoying SIL. And we did end up getting some very nice things. I really can't imagine going there and not buying anything. My mommy friend D and I are planning a trip to Ikea sometime (we have to plan and plan since it's downtown which is a hike) and who knows what shit I'll buy.

Anyway GET THE FUTON. You need sleep. We actually are trying to divest ourselves of a very nice futon. I wish I could send it to you.

Porgie is just fabulous in every way. :)

tifferny said...

i'm on pins and needles until you know more re: your blood work. for positivity sake, i'm going to focus my mind on nothing but love and light for that little baby you're carrying. s/he is going to be absolutely perfect and so will your health throughout this pregnancy and beyond... :))

i think ikea has some really terrific kitchen gadgets. everything mike and i go into ikea we get lost in their kitchen section. i also think they have some pretty great kid's stuff.

love the pictures of porgie. the bikini is too cute!

Mary said...

Ikea is so much fun! When we first got married, we had quite a bit of furniture from Ikea (that was pretty much all we could afford then). My favorite things to buy there are probably glasses and tea light holders: I have tons! When I was still teaching I had so many of their boxes and organizing stuff in my classroom. I definitely had the cutest classroom on my hall! :P

The bikini is adorable! You are doing such a great job with all of the crocheting. I really ought to take a class so I can learn to make something other than a plain afghan.

Hopefully whatever is going on with the bloodwork will be an easy fix. I'm sure that is unnecessary stress for you.

Anonymous said...

Why do Doctors feel the need to scare the crap out of pregnant ladies?

Oh, that Porgie is just too darn cute.