Wednesday, May 2, 2007

This and that and the other

Enough about me already, lets get back to the real reason you guys read my blog - Porgie. So, my baby has learned how to dance. For weeks, John has been singing a goofy song and dancing around the living room. A few days ago, Porgie decided to start dancing too. She shuffles her little feet around and smiles. Without a doubt, it is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

__________

I bought Porgie some new shoes. A few weeks ago, Eva emailed me about a sale on Robeez shoes. I was all excited, but then John reminded me that they are leather. Since we don't eat cows, John thought it would be nice if we didn't wear them either. I was all upset and started lamenting about how Porgie needs soft soled shoes for walking. So, John did some research and found some adorable cloth soft soled shoes called Isabooties. I bought Porgie this pair and this pair. They arrived in the mail last weekend, and I love them.

__________

So, I think Porgie is ready to go down to one nap per day. Some days she absolutely refuses her morning nap. Other days she absolutely refuses her afternoon nap. And sometimes she takes both naps with no struggle at all. I guess I'll just keep offering both naps until she starts consistently refusing one of the naps everyday. I have to admit, I am pretty upset about this new development.

8 comments:

Mary said...

I love the pink and brown shoes! I might have to order some for Claire.

It always sucks when the little ones cut out naps. Claire is down to two naps now and I hope it will stay that way for awhile. Elise took two naps a day until she was about two and then just took one long afternoon nap. She still takes naps during summer vacation.

Amber said...

You should try to get video of Porgie dancing, that'd be way cute! We have video of Zach when he first started dancing, it's actually on my blog in the archives so cute! And as for the naps I actually prefer the one nap a day because that one nap usually is longer than the two naps put together which is always good! But I understand not wanting to get rid of the two naps completely!

Ashley said...

Those shoes are really cute! I may have to check them out. The dancing sounds really fun. It is so neat when their personalities start to shine through. I hope that the nap process goes smoothly. I prefer the one nap. Aiden went from napping twice for 45min to once for about 1 1/2 hours. Because he is up around 5, he naps around 11. It is more of a midday nap but it works for us. Let us know what she ends up doing.

karla said...

Only one nap a day? I live for those precious moments that Nate sleeps, which I can tell are getting fewer and farther apart. I mean, I love him to pieces and all, but quiet time is nice too! :)

misguidedmommy said...

soooo, Brandon stopped the two nap thing but gradually his one nap started happening around 11-12:00. Which was perfect timing for lunch and so on. Plus his naps almost doubled in length (this took a while) And it made him ready for bed at a normal time like around 7. Next, I read a lot that babies shouldn't wear anything on their feet when they are learning to walk. I didn't listen though and as soon as brandon showed signes of walking i took that as my cue to strap on some ultra fashionable shoes since i"m a girl and I"m allll about shoes. Those lil shoes you got are extra cute. If I have a girl I want to get some along with 43000 other pairs of shoes, because OMG a girl to play dress up with RIGHT! okay rambling...yeah ummm, bye

Oh wait, i really really need to see a video of you dancing and singing...its your own fault for mentioning it, now you have to show us as a responsible mommy blogger!

Anonymous said...

I want a video too!

My baby seems to be getting the idea about clapping and waving bye bye! It is thrilling!

Love the shoes--too rich for my blood, though. I only got the Robeez because it was an insanely good deal, and already I've got intense buyer's remorse and may sell them. I hate to spend money, yet I like owning things. A conflict.

My baby took one long nap the other day. It was kind of boring actually. Yay for two naps! Keep it going as long as you can!

Em said...

Dancing sounds great and really cute! The naps sound like our very hit and miss all dependant on mood.

I agree WE NEED VIDEO!

tifferny said...

great shoes! so...where are the pics and/or video of porgie dancing? we wanna see!!! hint...hint...