Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Enjoying the summer

We went to the movies today! WOW! It was soooo fun. And it was free! It doesn't get much funner than that! We watched Wallace and Gromit and ate popcorn. Porgie loved it! She sat in her seat the entire time like a good little girl. Izzy had some trouble sitting still and using his inside voice, but overall he was pretty good too.

After we got home, Izzy and Porgie were running around in the front yard playing. And suddenly, Izzy was sobbing and holding his hand out for me to inspect. My baby boy got stung by a bee. Poor little guy. He has a tendency to gravitate toward bugs, and if I know my son, he was probably trying to pick up the bee. I guess we learned a valuable lesson today. Apparently bees are not as nice as fireflies.

We are going to the farm tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will remain tick free. I don't know what it is about that farm, but we love it. The animals! The barns! The swing sets and clubhouses! We are even going to pack our lunch and eat at the farm. It should be a fun filled and action packed day.

9 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

How fun! So glad to hear you had a blast! Good luck with the ticks... Gorilla got stung about an inch from her cooch this Summer. Bummer. LOL.

amanda said...

yay for free movies! and wallace and gromit!!

have so much fun at the farm - wish we could come with you!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I've been thinking that it may be time to attempt a movie... Great picture!

Alicia W. said...

Movies are a hit with Brea until the sugar wears off the last thirty minutes and she was to flip the script! Word of advise.. take backup candy! :)

Just Jiff said...

YAY! sounds like you guys had a great time. :) Poor little guy with the bee sting. :(

Rose said...

That's so fun! I clicked the link and found out there's a theater right by me that participates! I wish I had known earlier. So sorry about Izzy's bee sting...that sucks. We live in NJ too and was wondering, where's this farm you go to?

Kris said...

Nice! It seems like everyone's had a great past few days (or at least one in the mix). Poor Izzy though...

Rachel said...

Sounds like an amazing day. It looks like the kids are really loving the swing set too.

anymommy said...

I'm so glad it was fun! You got all my good movie karma ;-)