Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TUTU!

I suck ass at this whole blogging thing. I don't know what happened. I woke up one morning, and no longer felt like commenting. What the hell is that all about? Having a blog of my own, I completely understand the importance of comments. But, I am just not feeling it. I am going to try to be better this week.

To elaborate on my last post, if I follow the preschool's payment schedule, I will have to pay $550 by September. I am not rich. $550 is a lot of money to our family, and I can't afford to waste that money if Porgie doesn't enjoy going to school. As a compromise, I emailed the director to ask if we could get a pro-rated refund if we end up withdrawing her from preschool. She hasn't emailed me back. If she agrees, Porgie will definitely be going to school next month. If not, I'll probably wait another year to send her.

In related news, I enrolled Porgie in a ballet class today. Now I get to go shopping for a little tutu and ballet shoes! I am so freaking excited. I am living vicariously through my child. The dance studio is a block away from our house. For convenience sake, I am thinking about enrolling Izzy in a dance class next year too. Is that wierd?

12 comments:

amanda said...

i go on a no-comment strike every once in awhile too. it happens. and it's ok.

and the tutu?? how freakin cute!! can't wait to see the pics.

and weird to enroll izzy? not in the least my friend!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

No way! And for kid's his age, it's all about movement anyway. It's not like they'll put him in toe shoes.

Kris said...

Don't feel bad... I've had periods I haven't commented either. This last time was due to no computer, but I can't always blame that lol.

That is a lot of money. I don't blame you for waiting to see about it.

And how cute is the ballet thing?!? I love it. Kalila will start dancing at 5 with our Church (folkdancing). She already tries to dance along lol... Such a cute little belly dancer. I can't wait to see her do it for real. We may enroll her in classes too, but we'll see. Will depend on what she wants and what's available and all that. She likes soccer and gymnastics too so I have no clue what will happen. Prob something else out of left feild lol.

Alicia W. said...

You don't have to feel like you have to comment.. Who cares! Your only one person and HELLO you have two kiddo's that take up 98% of your time. :)

Ballet? Tutu? OH YES! She is going to be sooooo cute and I can't wait to see pictures.

Just Jiff said...

I can't believe you have to pay for preschool! Is there not a free one around there?

Go ahead and enroll Izzy! Kids love dance and movement so he'll have a blast. I'm guessing you are not enrolling him in ballet... so maybe there is a generic kids dance class? He'll love it no matter what. :)

Laura McIntyre said...

Im terrible for commenting to , i just cannot get into blog reading much at all these days. Now and then i just force myself to try and do a little catching up.

Its hard the preschool thing, i guess here we are lucky as from 3 they get 2.5 hours a day free but don't have to go so we get to decided and it costs nothing. My daughter has loved it , and i love the break.
BUT You need to do what feels right.

Yah on the toilet training though

Lainey-Paney said...

I'm all for boys in dance.
My machismo husband would rather staple his own eyelids shut than watch his son in a dance class.

Lainey-Paney said...

No commenting thing: I think it's the summer time that's getting to all of us...

JMTSMOMMA said...

YOU suck at blogging? Dude I am the chick who LOST her blog lmfao!

P.S. you were the only person to EVER comment on it when I um knew where it was!

Rachel said...

Wow the preschool thing is alot. Is there one less expensive? My friend is going through the same thing. Let me know the director says..

also I think maybe it is a summer thing because I dont want to blog either. I think I am outside so much or something like that because when I blog less than people stop commenting and then I dont want to blog as much but then I miss it. yada, yada, yada

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Same thing here. Horrible about commenting.

Also I enrolled HLD... I think it's great to allow them the option to do it all like big/little sis!

LOVE the tutu, need to click over to see how to make my own.

msprimadonna67 said...

I adore little girls in tutus! They never fail to make me smile: )