Monday, August 10, 2009

Cuddly baby or Evil demon?

I am strongly considering changing my son's nickname from Izzy to Demonboy. He is such a pain in the ass lately. He whines constantly. This is probably related to the fact that the child cannot speak, but seriously? Does he have to whine so much? Shit, just point to what you want, and I'll get it for you! Geez kid!

Also, he won't sit in his stroller anymore. This is just completely unacceptable. The kid runs around like a demented monkey when he isn't in his stroller. He breaks stuff and rips things off of store shelves and runs in the opposite direction of my voice. GAH!

And finally, he is starting to be physically aggressive too, which just sucks donkey balls. He takes most of his anger out on me, which is preferable to him hitting other kids, but it is still an unpleasant experience. Currently, he enjoys pulling my hair and pinching the skin on my neck. But this is the part that makes him a demon - he smiles and laughs when I wince with pain.

He looks so darn cuddly and cute, but trust me, he has earned the name Demonboy.

8 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Bayley will slap my face and smile or laugh when she sees my reaction. I did some reading on this (I'm a dork, I know) and they do it not to be mean, but to see the reaction. It's the whole cause & effect thing. Kind of like when they pick things up just to drop them on the floor.

Frustrating, but it happens. I just hold Bayley's hand and tell her, "no, no." That usually works for her...sometimes I have to tell her a few times but she eventually gets it.

Not a fun phase.

And she won't sit in the cart very long at Target. I actually take my mom with me on the weekends now so I have an extra set of hands to help me with Bayley. Kids are SO much work at this age!

Laura Marchant said...

I swear our sons are long lost twins!

Unknown said...

All I can say is that eventually he'll grow out of it. Can't tell when!

Kris said...

Kalila does it too.

I can't even remember the last time she willingly sat in the cart. What (thankfully) works best for us is to have her push the cart... with help of course lol. She can do it alone but it may or may not end up running into things.

And the hitting part too... I get the brunt of it too (with her its hitting and kicking though) but she has gone after other kids too. Thankfully she just tries to push them over, but still... not cool.

I think my least favourite thing lately has been the sheer stubborness. Its a fight to do anything if she gets it in her head she doesn't want to.

Amanda said...

Sounds like a normal healthy boy to me LOL!!! I have 4 boys and they are/were all exactly like this!

A x

Anonymous said...

He's just doing what boys do.

As for the shopping, BOTH of my children act like its the 1st time they've ever been in a store. Running in the aisles, hiding in the clothing, grabbing things from the shelves. I can ALMOST understand Will, he's only 3. Maggie is SIX for Crissakes!! Over the weekend, we were at the beachouse & I wanted pizza for dinner. I actually left them in the car to go in & place the order since i knew it was crowded, and there are gumball/candy/sticker machines in the waiting area. After i ordered, we went to the CVS to pick up minutes for the pre-paid cellphone. I wasn't in the store for 2.5 minutes and they were pushing each other in the stupid car-cart, grabbing chocolate bars from the display, etc....When we went back to the pizza shop, we sat in the car until I was sure the pizza was ready. We went in, I made them sit on the bench until the guy handed me the pizza box. And sure enough, as soon as he did, they started whooping like wild animals, running in circles around me begging for quarters for the Mike & Ike machine.

Danielle said...

That sounds just like Eliza! Eliza takes off in target and screams RUN! She won't sit in any cart or stroller. Her new favorite phrase is hit or kick mommy. It is a good thing they are cute!

Anonymous said...

Soooo frustrating! :hug: Hope you get through this phase quickly!