Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yadda yadda yadda

I have been the queen of finding fun FREE activities lately. Today we went to a story time offered at the local mall. The kids had a blast. And we got lots of free stuff too - free pretzels from Auntie Anne's, free dinosaur finger puppets, and free sidewalk chalk. YAY!

My friend J was at the story time too, with her brand spanking new baby. So adorable and precious and small. It almost made me want to another baby. Almost. But I am really happy with where I am right now. We have a great routine established, both kids are old enough to play independently for short stints, and everyone is sleeping through the night. Life is too good, and I don't want to rock the boat. But babies sure are cute!

We are going to see another movie tomorrow. Porgie is so excited. She chatters on and on about the BIG television and popcorn. The movie theatre we go to is located inside of a mall. Just inside the front doors, there is a huge fountain in a pool of water. My kids love that thing. You have no idea how hard it is to pull them away from the water. Last time, Izzy actually tried to climb in. Crazy kid.

This afternoon we are going to the library, so mommy can get a few new books. I have been a reading fool lately. I just can't get enough of Charlaine Harris. I read all 9 of the Sookie books. Then I read all 8 of the Aurora Teagarden books. And now I am on book 3 of the Lily Bard novels. They are all easy, interesting, and relatively short books. I highly recommend them.

Peace out homies!

7 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Sleep makes you feel like a whole, new person doesn't it? :)

You sound much more upbeat than you have in a long time. YAY!!!!

Glad you guys are finding fun, FREE stuff to do. :)

amanda said...

you lost me at free auntie anne's FREE pretzels!! yummo honey!!

Clare said...

love all of your fun activities!! keep it up mama, free food and kids entertained!!

Mary said...

Have fun at the movies tomorrow!

Rachel said...

I love free activities too.

I am glad you are loving babies from a distance..I almost thought after you met Samantha that you would get prego. lol

Danielle said...

free sounds good to me! I will def. check out those books too. I just started the twilight series.

Carrie said...

You've found some great freebies! I keep find cool things to do, but Liv isn't old enough yet. Sigh.

I too love Charlaine Harris. I've read everything the library has of hers.