Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Free to a good home

I just had the worst morning with my kids. Seriously, it got ugly around here. Izzy is going through a phrase where he doesn't want to eat anything I offer him. For the remainder of the day, he cries constantly, while opening the cupboard/refrigerator door. I am trying to keep snacking to a minimum to encourage him to eat at the regularly scheduled meals, but he hasn't gotten with the program yet.

This morning he refused to open his mouth for even one bite of cereal. And Porgie decided to follow suit. FINE, STARVE. We went to story time, and suddenly my kids were ravenous. They were crying and pawing at the diaper bag. "I want Goldfish. I want puffs. I want cheese. I want raisins. I want a cereal bar. WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH." I ended up giving them some crackers, so that the poor story time lady could finish her book.

We got home, and I asked Porgie what she would like for lunch. She demanded that we have cheesy rice. So, I went into the kitchen and made what she requested. But the little bastards teamed up again. Izzy wouldn't take a bite and Porgie only ate a few bites, which she wouldn't swallow. Instead, she stored the rice in the side of cheek like a damn hamster. I was getting pretty pissed off by this point. I got down on Porgie's level, looked her straight in the eye, and told her in no uncertain terms that she had better eat, because we weren't having any snacks this afternoon. And she spit her food out. In my face. She spit a mouthful of rice into my face. I saw red. I was so angry, I couldn't even stand to look at her. I yanked her up and put her into her crib. I went back to get Izzy and he was throwing rice on the floor. He isn't a 9 month old baby. He is almost two. He knows better. So, I yanked him up and tossed him into bed too.

Little bastards.

Did I say I didn't want Porgie to go to preschool? What the hell was I thinking? Damn children.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those mornings are SO FRUSTRATING.

Good for you, taking a step back.

And good luck this afternoon!

Kirsetin Morello said...

You know what you need, don't you? A nice, cold Coke.

Sorry, don't mean to taunt you, but I know how it is. I'm the same way with Diet Pepsi, and man am I mean when I don't get one. :)

Just Jiff said...

HOLY SHIT!

I would've been UBER PISSED had I gotten rice spit into my face too! Wow.

I don't know what I would've done. I hope I would've done the same as you! Oh lord, don't tell me those days are coming! (Bayley is 17 months tomorrow.)

GO EAT CHOCOLATE!

Alicia W. said...

I swear to god that you just wrote about a day in my life. What the fuck is wrong with this picture? Is someone testing us? I really think they are!!

Unknown said...

She spit the food out on you!!!

Kris said...

Seriously I think its just one of those days because I'm having one too. I'd have been ticked over the rice too, but everythings pissing me off lately so I'm not sure that's really saying much lol.

amanda said...

oh friend these are the worst days.

hoping the afternoon spewed rainbows and sunshine.

Laura Marchant said...

That was me yesterday on the path. I was so ready to just go back to work and let someone else do it.

Anonymous said...

If my kids go into the fridge& "help" themselves one more time.....I need to get one of those padlocks for the fridge. Seriously. Will ate an ENTIRE pint of cherry tomatoes the other day. No tomatoes on my salad for the rest of the week. Little jerk. I was upstairs sorting laundry. What's that? 7 minutes? THE WHOLE FREAKIN PINT!!

Chris said...

Oh... they are so stubborn sometimes! Putting them in the cribs - exactly what I would have done too. Stay strong. :)

misguidedmommy said...

i would have had to walk very far away very fast so i didnt pick up the bowl and throw it in her face