Saturday, March 17, 2007

Its the end of the world as we know it

Is it just me, or is anyone else completely freaked out by the weather? On Wednesday, the temperatures reached the mid 70's. It felt like spring, which seemed strange because it just started getting cold. I didn't actually take a picture, but it looked something like this.


Daisy enjoying the beautiful weather.

Yesterday morning, I woke up freezing. I went into the kitchen and looked out the door. This is what I saw.
.

It was way too cold for Daisy to go outside.

I am thinking that Al Gore is probably right about that global warming thing. Something just isn't right...

__________

On a completely different note...

Over at Rancid Raves, Cagey is conducting an online book club. I think it sounds really fun, so I just wanted to share some information. She has suggested 3 books, and the one the gets the most votes by Midnight, Central Time, Monday, March 19th will be the book to be read. The book will be discussed via comments on April 30th. If you want to participate, go over and check out her post.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the weather in GA is all weird, too. We can't figure out what to wear to go feed the ducks at the park. My poor dogs must be so confused.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW!! 70 on Wednesday, 3 inches of sleet yesterday. Joe went to NYC today for the parade, I'm stuck in the house with the kids. The electric shovel won't even go through the top layer.
:::SIGH::: C'mon SPRING!!!

Anonymous said...

I see that you're in NJ. Not stalking you or anything, but wheresabout in Jersey? We have a trailer in the Sea Isle area & my sister lives in West Deptford/Woodbury.

Em said...

In the Uk we havent had a winter - very strange the coldest it has been is -2 and no propper snow. All the plants have come out early and the birds are still here.

All we here on news is global warming - they are planning to tax us extra for everything this year to try stop us using gas/elec/fuel/flights!

We've bouhgt big winter coats that have never been worn.

When i had Billy it was that hot i was told to keep him in - no where is air con'd in Uk - hottest summer we'd even had on record.

Sorry to ramble!

karengreeners said...

same thing's happening up by me. scary scary shit. but like the crazy right-wing pundits say, there's no such thing as global warming. i guess all of our husbands just farted at the same time.

Margo said...

It has been so much warmer this winter than I can ever remember. I didn't even need a jacket this year!

tifferny said...

i know the weather is WAY strange, but i am just loving it! today i actually managed to get out in my yard to prune down some perennials that i wasn't able to get to in the fall (you know, with a newborn and all). I am having a ball and can't wait for spring! Yippee!

S said...

I tagged you for a Real Moms meme. :)

Bon said...

yep, the weather's gone wonky. we're still waiting for the warm bit up here in Canada, though.

there's a little present for you over at my place. come see. :)