Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I am a bargain shopper. Are you?

I am going to apologize for this post in advance. You will probably be thinking, 'I don't care about this. Why is she even bothering to write this?'

I love to get a good deal, especially on baby clothes. Last Saturday, a woman at the YMCA told me about a sale at the Carter's store. All "spring play clothes" are 50% off. She also told me that I could print out 50% off coupons off the web, and I could use one coupon on every item I purchase. So, basically all of Carter's baby clothes are 75% off.

I ran home and tried to find the coupon on Carter's website. I looked and looked, but I couldn't find the coupon. So, I did a Google search and found the coupon on a blog.

I printed out 10 coupons and headed to the nearest Carter's store. This deal just seemed to good to be true, so I asked the sales lady if I could use a coupon on every item I purchase. She confirmed what the lady at the YMCA had told me.

Of course, I bought Porgie 10 summer outfits, and I only spent $40. THAT IS ONLY $4 AN OUTFIT - FROM CARTER'S!!!!!!!!!!! I saved over $145!!!!!!!!!!!

So, the moral of this story is to print out a bunch of coupons and get your ass over to a Carter's store. NOW!


Just a few of the adorable outfits I bought Porgie





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are very cute. :) Good job!

I am even cheaper than you. I buy all of Baby's clothes at Goodwill. I just got some adorable spring/summer things--a dollar fifty EACH. I should post pictures of the adorableness. I even think one thing I got would be great for Easter, if we do Easter. Some stuff is NEW WITH TAGS. Amazing.

I'm glad you love a good deal, too!

Amber said...

Those are super cute!! I might have to venture over to Carter's myself! Way to go on getting a good deal :-)

Paula said...

Guess where I'm going today!!!!Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Dude, there's a Carter's outlet just 15 mins. from my house. Wonder if those coupons work at the outlet? I was planning on going there this very afternoon, after Junebug's nap but I don't know if I will now. Just after he finished a 6 oz bottle he projectile vomited all over me. Basically the phrase "head to toe" completely encompasses the situation.

I love, love, love good deals. I am a deal whore. I don't think I've paid retail on anything clothing related in about 7 years. Thanks for the tip and I'm so jealous that I can't buy cute little girl dresses that are so freakin' adorable!

S said...

That's awesome! I love good shopping deals.

Ashley said...

i am sooooo jealous!! I love Carters!! Those outfits are really fabulous!

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Evil woman.

I love Gymboree and Carter's quite equally, so I will certainly be looking into this. I am thinking we must have the green dress.

Again, you are evil. ;-)

Em said...

Very cute! I love girls clothes!

karla said...

Those outfits are so adorable! For 4 bucks! ONLY FOUR!