Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Did you know that swim diapers cost a fortune?

Saturday was our first swimming class at the YMCA. That morning, I was running around the house like a mad woman. I neglected to get our bag ready the night before. So, I was racing around trying to find my bathing suit, beach towels, and our beach bag. I never found the beach bag, so I ended up putting everything into the tote bag I used when teaching.

When we got to the Y, it was packed with people. I couldn't even find a damn locker to put all of our crap in. Porgie was overwhelmed by all of the chaos. She started crying and clinging to my chest. I quickly got her undressed (she already had her bathing suit on) and handed her off to John, while I got ready.

I have to admit, I felt like a nervous school girl in that locker room. There were naked bodies everywhere. Being the shy person I am, I patiently waited for a dressing room. I felt like a fat ass walking to the pool. I NEED to lose weight people! I HAVE CELLULITE ON MY THIGHS!

The actual swim class was very fun. We sang songs, kicked our feet, and splashed! Porgie thought it was wonderful. She wildly slapped her hands in the water and laughed.





Sorry that I don't have more pictures of Porgie in the pool. John only took 2 pictures of her in the water. Yes, he is a jackass.

10 comments:

Amber said...

She is soo adorable!! I love her chunky thighs :-) You should check and see if at the pool they sell reusable swim diapers. I work at a pool here in town and we sell some that you can just throw in the washer and it saves you money from having to buy Lil Swimmers! Glad Porgie enjoyed her swim class though!

Anonymous said...

The cuteness is too much--I can't take it! How adorable!

I'm so glad she had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Porgie in that bathing suit is so freaking cute!! She looks like she's having fun. I can't wait to do swim classes. Our local center won't do them until they are a year old, but I'm signing us up for this summer.

Bon said...

i need to get O into a pool...i actually bought him an infant swim diaper (reusable) for last summer, but it was so damn cold that we never did use it...pools here don't allow them in programs until six months or so, so i had great intentions of going to the beach, but...ha.

maybe i can still squeeze him into it? :) actually, any all-in-one-cloth diaper is supposed to work well...

it's really the getting me into a bathing suit part that's holding us back...

Anonymous said...

Mag & I did "Mommy & Me" swim lessons at the "Y" also. She loved it, I hated it.

We have a pool in our backyard, so I wanted to make sure she knew how to swim should ::shudder:: "anything" happen. After 3 go-rounds at the Y, she still refuses to get her face wet, or jump off the side to me. When we're in the pool at home, she will jump to Daddy, go under with Daddy. PLUS I don't think they taught her anything that I can't teach her.
I don't think I'll do the classes with Will. I'll just teach him myself. and never let him outside without "swimmies" on. And get one of those pool alarm thingies.

Christy said...

Amber,
Thanks for the info about reusable swim diapers. The thought never even crossed my mind.

Bon,
Putting on my bathing suit was definitely the hardest part of the whole experience. I HAVE CELLULITE ON MY THIGHS!

Cat,
You're right, the class probably won't teach Porgie to swim. I really signed her up for the class to get her use to the water and to help me socialize with other moms.

Ashley said...

I just LOVE her bathing suit baby body! I just want to squeeze and hug her. She is too cute for words! I hope you had fun!

S said...

Such a cutie!
You are a braver woman than I in regards to going into a pool. I will...when they allow parkas.

tifferny said...

ok. you two are too cute in the water! although you NEVER show your face silly girl! hey, i reveal ALL on my blog!!! NO FAIR! :) LOL

i was fortunate enough to get a whole slew of swim diapers from a client/friend of ours. her daughter (who is also a mikaela...although she spells it makayla) apparently had grown out of them last summer. i didn't realize how fortunate i was until i happened to see how much the damn things cost!! my god!

Mary said...

I love those fat little thighs! If only mine looked that cute in a swim suit...