Thursday, March 29, 2007

My poor little precious baby

For the past week, I have been extremely sick. It was awful - throbbing headache, sore throat, phlegmy cough, runny nose, and watery eyes. I laid around the house, barely able to function. I am not happy to admit it, but Porgie watched endless hours of Baby Einstein.

On Tuesday, I finally started to feel a little better. I was very impressed by the fact that John and Porgie managed to avoid getting sick.

That night, Porgie woke up at 2:00 am screaming. I went into the nursery to feed her a bottle and realized that she was burning up. She had a temperature of 102. I gave her some Tylenol, stripped her down to her diaper, and brought her into our bed. As she snuggled up against me, I could feel the heat radiating off of her body. She was obviously uncomfortable, but at 3:30 am she finally fell back to sleep.

When Porgie woke up this morning, her head felt like a little ball of fire. Her temperature was still 102. I called the pediatrician's office and made an appointment.

I took my sweet little baby to the doctor, only to be told to give her more Tylenol. Oh yeah, and that she has a heart murmur. WHAT THE FUCK?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That SUCKS. Christyland sucks right now. Also, Porgieland. What is the deal with the murmur? What's next for that?

Baby Einstein's not bad. My baby watches Star Trek Voyager!

I'm so sorry you guys aren't doing well. It will improve. It will!

Em said...

Poor little Porgie - Get better soon!

Amber said...

I'm actually a little suprised that even let you bring her into the doctor. Over here they don't even want to see your child unless they have been sick for over a week! I've gone through endless amounts of tylenol! Hopefully Porgie feels better soon :-)

S said...

Hope things get better soon!

Anonymous said...

yep. I feel your pain.
Sick babies are the worst! There isn't much you can do for them except the Tylenol and try to keep her happy.
Will's a little better today, just a slight fever (99.7) and his spirits are up, so that's good.

I hoipe Porgie kicks this thing soon and I wouldn't worry about the murmur too much. It's very commom in babies and she'll probably outgrow it.

tifferny said...

omg that is awful! oh and yes, tylenol seems to be the cure all for everything. :( as for the heart murmur thing...well did the doc also tell you how common that is? i know it isn't reassuring as it's intended to be. i hope you and porgie feel better very soon. we are all sick in my house as well.

Anonymous said...

Argh. Frustrating. I'm going for a 2nd "opinion" on my baby's heart murmur. Just another set of ears and thoughts. Will post on my blog next week about it. Hard not to worry.

misguidedmommy said...

So how old is she? Is it possible she is teething. When Brandon teeths he wakes up screaming so bad he actually shakes (really i thought it was seizures) he also gets a fever up to 103 until the damn tooth comes out!

Bout the murmur, my cousin has had one her whole life and the only time it effects her is when she goes to the dentist for a filling, they ask you to take a pill first. she even played basketball all through high school and so on!