Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Spending money like it's nobody's business

Whenever I get mad at my husband, I spend money. Before we had children, I would head to the nearest Macy's and shop until my heart was content. When I got home with my new wardrobe, I would always feel much better about our fight. Since having children, I haven't gone on any "I am angry" shopping sprees.

I will actually go months and months without purchasing a single thing for myself. So even though I haven't been mad at my husband, I went on a shopping spree anyways. It started with the designer hair bows for Porgie. Then I decided that I needed some new summer clothes. I could have went to Target, but I decided that I needed to go to Macy's. My children were even little tyrants at the mall, but I forged ahead anyway. I ended up purchasing two pairs of capris and 4 shirts. And I have to admit, it felt great to shop for MYSELF!

While at the mall, I also had my children's pictures taken at JC Penny's. I was less than impressed, and will not be going back to that studio. I didn't care much for the photographer, the backgrounds, or the studio atmosphere. I really shouldn't have purchased many photos, but as usual, I bought way too many pictures. I really have a professional pictures addiction. When I sit down to select my portraits , I go crazy and start ordering EVERYTHING. I have no idea why John lets me buy so many pictures. He really needs to stop me.

In summary, I have been spending too much money lately. The end.

18 comments:

amanda said...

went to target yesterday and didn't buy myself a thing. beans got stuff. the house got stuff. me nothing.

so just bc i couldn't leave empty handed i got a tall white chocolate mocha.

how sad is that!!

i say happy spending and well deserved on the new clothes!! we really should do it more often. not angry shopping. just pat yourself on the back shopping :)

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Been there. ALl of the time.

Antropóloga said...

Good for you! Sucks about the photos. We've done it once. And what did we do with those pictures? We put just ONE up.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I've been doing the same thing and I need to stop!

I have one lady that I like at our JC Penney's Portrait Studio. She takes awesome pictures. But I've gone before when she wasn't there and was less than impressed. I don't go without a coupon and I agree....they're backgrounds are nothing to write home about.

Glad you did some shopping for yourself though....you gotta do that every once in awhile!

Amanda said...

Good for you! A lady after my own heart!!!!

Awake said...

I used to do the same thing (angry shopping, that is). But now we live in a city without a decent mall - so that has helped a bit. But I do buy things for my daughter when depressed/angry. :)

Jen said...

I love to let loose and do some shopping. I always make sure I know exactly what I am looking for first though- so I don't have to feel guilty later. Not that you do- or anything- but you know what I mean, right?

TEACHBROECK said...

last time we went to Target..I bought a new CD that was serisouly on Clearance...why the guilt? I made up for it by getting a great new dress for an upcoming wedding! It was so fun NOT to shop in the maternity section!

Tabitha said...

I was naughty today too ~ I bought myself a pair of cropped trousers and a top ~ but the children got something too!!
It is nice to treat yourself every now and then ~ good on you!!
love and hugs ~ Tabitha XX

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Hey, can you email me? cagey333@gmail.com

Thanks - nothing bad, just wanted to talk to you offline.

Happy shopping! :-)

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

I over-order studio portraits, too. (But I usually am very happy with the JCP by us.) I don't know what it is - is it that threat that once you walk away you can't ever again order from that sitting without paying an arm and a leg?!? Damn photographers!

I just realized yesterday I need to shop for myself, too. I have about three pairs of shorts that fit! EEEK!

Unknown said...

When I blow money, it is ALWAYS at a book store!

Mary said...

You deserve to have nice stuff for yourself. We tend to focus on the kiddies and ignore what we need (or want).
I went on an "I miss my husband and need to spend money to make myself feel better" shopping spree last week. Finally new clothes for me!

Mama Smurf said...

Ahhh, you and I would be great friends...

Shawna said...

Good for you, you deserve a treat every once in awhile. I do the same thing though. I will get gift certificates for my birthday or christmas and spend it on Ella or Quentin or household things.

Danielle said...

yay for shopping. Sometimes if Pete goes golfing I buy myself something so I feel better

Anonymous said...

We all need to spend a little (or a lot) sometimes. We mothers work
hard and deserve a little treat,
sorry the picture place was not
all you wanted though

Becks said...

I do the same thing. But instead of shopping for me (because i'm too fat to fit into anything anyways) I buy random crap for Sophia. I can't leave a store without purchasing something. I also have an addiction to diaper bags. I have bought 3 in the last few months. I sneak them in. I tell Chris I have had them for ages and he should really pay attention to me more.