Saturday, June 21, 2008

New specs

Did you know that I wear eyeglasses? Well, I do. I have never owned a pair of contact lens - only glasses for me. I usually buy a new pair of frames every 2 years. A few weeks ago, I looked in the mirror and realized that I HATED my glasses. Time to visit the optometrist.

So, I went to the eye doctor today, and ordered a brand spanking new pair of glasses! I love getting new glasses! I went into the office with the intentions of buying wire frames. Of course, I couldn't find one pair of awesome wire frames. But I did find an awesome pair of plastic frames...My new frames are a honey color, as opposed to the black shown here. I think they look spiffy, even if they do closely resemble my current glasses...

I think the honey color is what made me purchase the new frames. I am tired of my dark frames. A softer color will lighten the mood a little.

I paid a pretty penny for my new frames. I came home and found the exact same frames online for HALF of the price. Grrrr.

19 comments:

Rachel said...

I hate when I lose a deal. Damn stores took away your happiness but they are adorable.

Danielle said...

I have always wanted glasses. My dad is an optician at a place called Staten Eye Land in Staten Island and he makes my mom glasses all the time. Damn my 20/20 vision!

Antropóloga said...

That is so funny. I got my currently glasses two years ago and this past week have been shopping for new frames. Not for fashion, though. I need to flexible titanium ones because I am tired of being injured when Baby knocks my glasses into my face. I didn't know you could buy frames online!

amanda said...

i was going to say the same thing heather did...must see a picture of you modeling the new specs :)

Bon said...

they're awesome frames...um...can you return them and order online?

Amanda said...

Glasses are so expensive, but i don't mind spending the money as it's me thats got to wear them everyday.
Nice glasses though!

Anonymous said...

Great frames, I wear glasses too and have always enjoyed the fashion frames, very cool :)

Kris said...

Nice... My reading glasses are similar.. but black amd blue. I really like them but they need to be fixed

Jen said...

I wear glasses for reading (well, I'm SUPPOSED to) and they look VERY similar to your green ones. Same color and everything.

Anonymous said...

Ditto.....we need a picture of you in the new glasses. :)

Dana said...

I have 2 pairs of glasses but only wear them before I go to bed..... I am a contact girl...

I wantot see you in the glasses too! :)

Carrie said...

Those glasses are really cute!

Thanks for the squees and clapping, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Tabitha said...

I love the new glasses ~ I too hate it when you buy something and then find them cheaper else where!!
It is sooooo annoying.
love and hugs ~ Tabitha XXX

kristi said...

I love them! I need new ones too. Maybe next year. :(

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That would piss me off. Love the new specs. I wear them too from time to time. :)

Greg said...

Not even a pic of them on you?!?!?!?!

My wife is pissed.

Just kidding!!

They look nice:)

Lainey-Paney said...

Love 'em!

...I'm a glasses girl too.
I wear contacts sometimes, but 99% of the time---glasses. And no, I cannot see at all without them!

Anonymous said...

I think they are very pretty, DH
and i always have fun choosing his
newest pair together. Really
can make a diffrence

Anth said...

Ooh I like those.

Sorry for my recent absence from blogging/commenting/whatnot. But as you are a mother of two children, I think you understand. :)