Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Is it June?

I walked into my living room and found this...

And yes, my little boy is wearing purple pajamas.

Porgie and Izzy have both been sick for the past week. Porgie seemed to be doing much better, until Sunday evening. She vomited during dinner. Because I didn't want to believe that she was sick, I rationalized the event. I convinced myself that she had just eaten too much.

On Monday, Porgie vomited again. Only this time, it was much more dramatic. Beans and rice went everywhere. She also developed a fever of 102. Although I gave her Tylenol every four hours, her temperature remained high. Besides the vomiting and fever, she seemed to be her normal self. She ran around the house playing, went outside to color with her sidewalk chalk, and ended the evening by taking a walk around the neighborhood.

This morning, Porgie woke up screaming. She was burning up. After she calmed down, I tried to feed her breakfast. She vomited again. My baby girl spent the rest of the morning on the couch whining. She is so sick and miserable. I feel so bad for her.

It is almost summer - why do my babies keep getting sick?

22 comments:

Just Jiff said...

I'm so sorry! Have you tried alternating Tylenol and Motrin? Every 4 hours like you're doing, but alternating them? It might work a little better since Tylenol and Motrin in work different ways.

I hope things ease up for you and everyone gets better REALLY soon!

Mary said...

Motrin always seems to work much better (and faster) for fevers.

Amanda said...

I'm sorry, i do hope Progie is feeling better soon.
Love Amanda x

Kris said...

Aww I'm sorry.. .sweet pic though

Antropóloga said...

Ditto, buddy.

I also recommend Motrin.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

How cute!! I love sick babies. I know, that's bad. But I do.

Dana said...

awe.... that picture is cute - but sad.. I hate sick babies... I hope they feel better soon!

Nellie said...

I am so sorry. Sadly I know exactly how you feel. This past 6 months has been HELL for us with Ellie (and us) being sick... must just be a flu bug, ya think? I don't think and ear infection usually results in puking... I suppose unless it was real bad.

I agree with Mary, go with the motrin. Our dr and my friend who is a peds nurse suggests alternating motrin and tylenol which is what they do at our hopsital.

Take care, I know how not fun a puking child is... I hope she feels better soon!

Awake said...

That's a precious picture. Here's hoping tommorow is a little healthier.

Danielle said...

I hope your litrle ones get better soon. Tummy trouble is the worst. That picture is adroable. I love the purple jammies and the two fingers in the mouth. adorable!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. This is the damn cold that is going around. High fever and throwing up. I knew a few kids about a month ago who had this. Keep her hydrated even with pedialite. But the picture is adorable.

amanda said...

oh friend. so very sorry that the healthy bugs have yet to arrive at your house. if anyone needs them it's you!!

and even though i know they aren't exactly healthy, it really is such a sweet picture :)

sending healthy vibes your way!

Becks said...

Sweet babies!! I hope Porgie starts feeling better. That is the worst feeling seeing your baby sick. Love that picture, it is priceless and I love that your little boy is in purple pj's!!

April said...

There has been weird stuff going around in my area too. No fun! Hope it passes for you and the babes soon!

C. said...

We went through a phase where the babies were sick all the time too. It's just a cycle, some years we actually get away with just a sniffle. This year we're battling allergies, the pollen on the Cape this year is fierce.

Chastity said...

Get well soon, kiddos!!

Mojavi said...

oh honey I hear ya.... i hope they both feel better soon!!!!

Amber said...

Even though your kids are sick that is an adorable picture! I hope they are getting better!

A Mom Two Boys said...

Poor little things. Isn't it the worst when they're sick?

Hopefully they'll be better soon and you can FINISH June on a good note!

And that picture, both of them with their fingers in their mouth! Too cute!

Mama Smurf said...

FYI...Motrin works much better than Tylenol for fever!

Mama Smurf said...

OOps! Sorry, just realized that others have already said the same!

Greg said...

Real men wear pink........and purple:)