Tuesday, June 2, 2009

blah blah blah!

Hello friends. Where have I been? Nowhere, really. I got into a huge fight with my husband this weekend. I spent most of yesterday moping around the house feeling sorry for myself. But I am feeling better today.
__________

I got a new computer. It is a Dell. It was a gift from John. Actually, it was part of the reason we were fighting. To make a long story short, he bought me a new computer and wanted to surprise me with it. But I ruined his surprise because I am a jerk.

Look how pretty it is...
__________

We rented the HBO series Trublood from Netflix. I freaking love that show. I am now officially obsessed. I went out and bought the first book in the series on Sunday. I finished it last night. This morning I went to Border's and bought a few more books...
__________

My mother is flying in on Thursday.
__________

Izzy wakes up every morning with a stuffy nose. I took him to the doctor yesterday, and they think he has allergies. They recommended Zyrtec.
__________

I have a million things to do around here before my mother comes, so I probably won't get much computer time this week. I will miss you terribly. but I'll check in as often as I can:)

15 comments:

amanda said...

i am guilty of this too. gifts and ruining them bc i am crazy. i feel your pain. but the computer sure is cute.

happy getting ready for mom....
will be sending happy thoughts.

Becks said...

I love the HBO series Trueblood too! I became obsessed with it and watched all the episodes back to back. Can't wait for the new season! I didn't know there were books...guess where I will be going soon? Bookstore!

Alicia W. said...

Your new laptop is swweeeeet! Good luck with Mom's coming in on Thurs.

Kris said...

Must be in the air... Jas & I got into it the other day too

Chris said...

Love the color of the new computer! Hope the week with your mom is survivable. {wink, wink}

Clare said...

thanks, i love movie ideas, I am always at a loss as to what to get next from netflix. hope all goes well with the visit from your mom!

misguided mommy said...

oy vey....your mom

April said...

I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse series too but had to put it aside for awhile until I could devote more time for it. So there's a tv series based off the books??? Tell me more!

msprimadonna67 said...

I love True Blood! I am awaiting my Amazon.com order of the first season as we speak. When I first started watching, I didn't know it was based on a book series. I'm considering checking out the books this summer.

Just Jiff said...

I am going to buy the Trueblood series for my husband on DVD when it comes out. :)

Very pretty computer. :)

Anonymous said...

The Dell is pretty! How did you ruin the surprise? I do that to my husband every Christmas. And birthday. He expects it now.

Oh, and I watched the TruBlood premier episode... scared the CRAP out of me. I cannot watch it. ::shudder::

dani said...

i love your new computer, am glad you and john are on the mend, hope that zyrtec does the trick, and also hope that your mom's visit is surprisingly pleasant, christy!!!
love,
dani

Anonymous said...

very pretty laptop.

My kids BOTH have allergies. Maggie takes childrens claratin every day. Will gets it every now & again.

Good luck with your Mom.

Nellie said...

I do the same thing with gifts and ruining them. Why do we do that?

Hope you get everything done you need to before your mom comes!

Tabitha said...

I love your new computer ~ red is my favourite colour!
These updates are great ~ hope things go ok with your Mums visit!
Love and hugs Tab XXXX