Sunday, June 21, 2009

This, that, and the other

I bought some new canisters for my kitchen. I love them. And they were 50% off. __________

After 18 months, I finally finished the pictures that were supposed to be hanging over Izzy's crib when I brought him home from the hospital. Oops. Better late than never.
__________

I am on the last book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I can't believe I got sucked into reading vampire novels. __________

They delivered our fence last Thursday. Unfortunately, it is just taking up space in our driveway. It won't stop raining.__________

I am going to repaint the living room and hallway next week. I am excited to get started, because I think the color will look fabulous. But I am dreading the actual work.
__________

I decided to start potty training Porgie this weekend. Out of sheer stubbornness, she refused to sit on the toilet. She held her pee for about 4 hours. And she drank 2 cups of milk, so I knew she had to go, but she wouldn't cave. As soon as I put a diaper on her for naptime, she let loose. I am not in the mood to fight with her, so I said fuck it. I'll make sure she is potty trained before Kindergarten. Hopefully.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope that rain stays off for you all long enough so that you can get that fence up!
Don't worry about the toilet training ~ Porgie will let you know when she's ready.
l,
A x

Tabitha said...

Potty training is always a bit of hit and miss ~ I remember that my daughter would do just the same ~ hold it in and wait for the nappy.
I love the pictures ~ they are very sweet ~
Good luck with the painting ~ I love changing things, but like you, I hate the actual work part ha ha .
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

Unknown said...

That's funny. Goes to show she's physically able to be continent, just chooses not to be. :) Familiar with this.

Nice pics!

misguided mommy said...

love love LOVE LOVE those canisters. LOVE. where did you get them

i bribed my kids to potty train with "stuff"

with brandon it was balloons with helium. with codi...chocolate.

Clare said...

she is a strong willed little girl, i love it!! good luck with the potty training, it is tough work:)

Alicia W. said...

Hells yeah for your new canisters! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Them!

Hooray for the fence, it's going to look fantastic! I want to see the before and after on all your projects because I need a boost to get my lazy ass up and do something around my place, lol.

Carrie said...

Yay! New canisters! Good luck with the potty training!

Jen said...

LOL! The more I hear about parents struggling with potty training- the more I think I am not even going to THINK ABOUT IT until after 3... you can't rush these things.

amanda said...

love the new canisters - they are sooo perfect for the new kitchen!

and izzy's pics - very cute!

but seriously could you please stop making me feel like such a slacker? the doors. the playroom. the kitchen. and now the living room and hallway! i can't keep up!!

Laura McIntyre said...

Good luck on the potty training, do you recommend Sookie series? Been thinking of picking them up