Thursday, June 18, 2009

So dang cute

Porgie is a character. She is always saying something adorable. She couldn't be any cuter. I wanted to share some of her funny little phrases with you.

When Porgie is being mean to Izzy, she readily acknowledges her bad behavior. She will say things like, "I am just being mean to you Buddy" or "I am being a jerk." And then she'll pat him on the back to make him feel better.

Porgie likes to throw the word very into sentences where it doesn't belong. The end result is adorable. She'll say, "I am very jumping!" or "I am very riding in the car." Cracks me up.

Porgie's response to every question is "TWO MINUTES!" If you ask her to go to bed, she'll yell "TWO MINUTES!" If you ask her to eat dinner, she yell "TWO MINUTES!" If you ask her to put her shoes on, she'll yell "TWO MINUTES!" Kind of annoying, but also very cute.

When Porgie gets really excited, she'll exclaim, "I never forgot!" We are not exactly sure what this is supposed to mean, but it is hilarious when she says it. For example, we gave Porgie a red wagon for her birthday. She made this face and yelled, "I never forgot!"...My baby girl is so much fun. She really is. I genuinely enjoy her company.

13 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

OMG! Our girls are twins! BG says two minutes to everything too! Seriously I will tell her she has 5 minutes she'll say no I want two minutes. You ask her to do something she will say she needs two minutes.
Crack up!

Mary said...

She's so cute! Claire makes us wait 5 minutes for everything, so you've lucked out with 2!

Chris said...

It's funny the little sayings they come up with. And then you start to realize all the weird things you say, because they're repeating them!

Rachel said...

Hey there-hope you are doing good. Porgie is adorable. I agree.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, so cute! Kids are adorable, huh? My daughter says "Two minutes! Two seconds!" all the time. My mother, DOLL that she is, has decided it's because I spend my life giving her time-outs (I don't) but really, I'm sure it's because she hears us saying it all the time. ("Mommy, can you come here?" - "Two minutes, hunny!") lol.

That "I never forgot" thing is hilarious. Get a video!

Just Jiff said...

So cute!! I love how kids say things. too cute.

And the "I never forgot" may mean "I'll never forget this!!" since she's so excited? Just a thought.

Definitely get VIDEO!! I want to hear those sweet little voices!

Antropóloga said...

Yeah, Nora says a lot of great things, now, too. She's my little buddy. I love her little stories. When we're on the bike she chatters the whole time.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

AW! So cute. Eleanor does the "very" thing too. She uses it for emphasis, "It's VERY raining."

Jen said...

That is adorable! I am always laughing at the stuff coming out of Cole's mouth! Like, when/where did you learn THAT phrase?! LOL!

pitapocketmom said...

So Cute...i love how she says to her little brother that she is being mean to him! Like its ok cause she is telling him she is being mean! Love it!

Mzungu Habibti said...

Awwww! Gotta love it! I look forward to hearing those kinds of things... Kalila's just starting to do stuff like that, but its the early stages still. Love the pic btw :-)

amanda said...

that is awesome!! i told hubby the story earlier and we couldn't stop laughing!!

total cuteness friend :)

dani said...

precious!!!

i hope no mention of sickness means you are feeling better, c!!!

love,
dani