I was hesitant to tell the story of how John and I started dating. I feared that the story made me sound like a whore and made John sound like an impotent asshole. None of which is true. I hope you were able to find humor in our boring little tale. It is not really a story I can tell people face to face, because it is just kind of...weird. And a little too much information for people who aren't good friends. But I find it amusing.
Other facts about Johnny and me...
1. John is 7 years older than me.
2. When we first started dating, I told my mother that John was my gay friend, so she would stop pressing me for details about our relationship.
3. John quit working at the pizza place a few months after we started dating. I worked there for two more years, until the little hole-in-the-wall restaurant closed down. It is now a Starbucks.
4. When we moved in together in 2000, we actually bought a house.
5. In January of 2005, we were taking a trip to Baltimore. At the last minute, we decided to get married. Just the two of us - no family, no friends. It was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend it.
6. We were married on the inner harbor, right in front of the USS Constellation...7. The following summer, we decided to start trying for a baby. We started in June. I got pregnant in September. Porgie was born the following June.
And I think you guys know the rest of the story.
I am trying to get John to write his own version of how we started dating. I stole this idea from Kate. I think it would be really neat to read the story from his perspective. But he is lazy, and will probably never get around to it.