Sunday, May 17, 2009

Do you think I am weird?

I thought John's post was pretty hilarious. I wanted to clarify a few things he mentioned in his story.

1. I really was unusually happy when I was younger. I liked everyone and everything. Something happened over the past 12 years, because I am a moody bitch now. Everyone and everything gets on my nerves.

2. After we started dating, John gave me the ring from the 50 cent machine. I still have it...
3. John mentioned that I cheeked him several times. I am the QUEEN of cheeking. To this day, I still cheek him A LOT. I am just not really that into kissing. Is that weird?

4. Yes, I did have a doll hanging from a noose on my canopy bed. But it was a porcelain doll, not a baby doll. Because I was cool like that. Or disturbing like that? I am not really sure which one. For the record, I was not a preppy cheerleader type of girl back then. I was more of an alternative rock kid. I was really into grunge music. I think the doll hanging from a noose was inspired by the song Doll Parts.

5. I found it very interesting that John was distracted by the music situation in his bedroom that fateful night 12 years ago. Because I have very little recollection of the music.

Well, this was fun. I highly recommend you and your husband give it a try. I think it reveals a lot about your personality. I feel like you guys know me a lot better now.

10 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

I have to tell you I think this series was my favorite of your posts so far! No you are not weird because if you were that would mean I was too twin :-)

Mary said...

No, not weird at all! I think I'll have to convince Justin to write something for me too. I'm interested in his take on our meeting and dating.

Chris said...

I'm a cheeker too. I think it totally annoys my husband.

Antropóloga said...

I actually had no idea what was meant by "cheeking" at first. I had to think about it.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I feel very validated by your lack of enthusiasm for kissing. I find it kind of tedious. I mean, when you first meet and everything is new it's very romantic. But now... I don't know, I lose interest quickly.

I want to see a picture of you guys... Can't you post a really old one? Who would recognize you from high school?

Kris said...

That would be really fun to do, but I'm not sure how diff our stories would be.... He walked up to me at Church and hit on me. Ok, ther'es a bit more to it than that (esp since like you I walked away thinking no way) but still... and I'm not sure I could get him to write it lol. Would be fun though!

Bon said...

i had missed John's story. i love it. especially the flaccid bit. he's funny.

it's really cool to get the outside perspective on your voice, like seeing the high school yearbook of someone you're used to listening to on the radio.

and i feel about twelve, but is cheeking, uh, turning the other cheek?

Greg said...

You guys crack me up!! Thanks for the laughs:)

Just Jiff said...

That is SO cool that you still have that ring!!

Stefanie said...

I loved John's story. Very funny.