Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yes I am still talking about sleep

I am sorry that I keep talking about sleep, but I don't think you understand. PORGIE IS SLEEPING IN HER CRIB!!! It is not a fluke. I can put my baby down awake in her crib and she will go to sleep. SHE IS PUTTING HER SELF TO SLEEP!!!

Now that you understand, we can move on. I have a really bad habit of cursing. Trust me when I tell you that I swear like a fucking sailor. I realize that this is not good for Porgie. So, I have decided to stop. But I didn't think this would be so damn hard.

I drop the F bomb, left and right. Fuck this and fuck that and fuck you! For a few weeks, I would catch myself getting ready to say that awful word, and I would alter it. So, instead of saying "FUCK!!!" when I stubbed my toe, I would say "Fucky ducky!" I realize that this is not the best solution for the problem. I can already imagine Porgie dropping her crayon box in school and yelling "Fucky ducky!" It would be adorable, but I don't think her teachers would appreciate her dirty little mouth.

Before having Porgie, I was a teacher. I didn't curse in front of my students, but during my lunch break the expletives would start to fly. Some of the other teachers would look at me in shocked disbelief. I guess they didn't appreciate my colorful vocabulary.

So, although I have thoroughly enjoyed my vulgar language, like all good things, it must end. Now I just need to find the fucking strength to stop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Putting herself to sleep is neato. Mine will do it sometimes, but sometimes she's like, "Um, excuse me, I am very cute and important and I require attention." I'm trying to get her to do it as I write, actually. She's just chatting and rolling and scooting about instead. Last night she was up till 12:30 AM, more than 4 hours past her usual bedtime. I have no idea what is going on with her. But I am tired of trying to get her to sleep so she is on her own for naptime today.

I'm decent about watching my language, having grown up with a strict mother and then being a teacher (like you), but my husband still curses a bit when he is annoyed (with me, usually) and he does it in front of the baby. I find this unacceptable but it's not like you can get husbands to change!

Maybe you can learn to curse in another language? That way you would be teaching her to be bilingual, too!