Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The water is fun

I live in NewJersey, which is awesome because we are pretty close to the beach. Porgie was born in June of last year, so needless to say we didn't go the beach. So, I can't wait to take Porgie swimming this summer. However, I am fearful that she won't like the water. This fear is rooted in the fact that one of my younger brothers hated swimming when he was a baby. He would scream and cry every time you took him to the pool. I desperately want Porgie to like the water.

In an effort to get Porgie use to the water, I am signing her up for a swimming class at the Y. I am all excited about getting her in the water. Today, I went bathing suit shopping. Infant swim suits are too adorable. I loved every suit I saw. I was tempted to also purchase the matching robe and flip flops, but I resisted the urge. We ended up getting a pink suit, with big cherries all over the front.

While I was at the store, I also looked at the baby walkers. I have read that walkers are really dangerous and that they don't actually help a baby learn to walk. Apparently, the muscles a baby uses in a walker are different from the muscles he/she use for walking. For months I have been telling my family not to buy her a walker. However, I find myself wanting to buy a new toy. She already has a baby gym, a bouncy seat, an exersaucer, a swing, and various other loud noisy toys. But she just seems to be bored with all of her toys. I know that she wants to mobile, because she often cries to be carried around the house. If she wants to play with something along the way, she will twist and turn her body to reach the object she desires. I have almost dropped her on more than one occasion. Also, Porgie is soooooo heavy. I think I really want the walker to give my arms a break. I just can't decide what to do...

No comments: