Monday, January 22, 2007

A Nice Evening

On Sunday, my husband and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. We decided to spend the day at home, but to go out to eat for dinner. After much debating, we finally decided to eat at Olive Garden - one of my favorite restaurants.

At 4:30 , we bundled Porgie up and headed out. I was hoping that if we got there early, there wouldn't be a wait. I was soooooo wrong. We pulled into the parking lot and couldn't even find a damn parking spot. When we finally made it into the lobby, there were a ton of people waiting for a table. I was convinced that Porgie was going to get bored and fussy before we even got a table.

To my surprise, Porgie was fascinated with this new environment. She stared at all the people walking by and just smiled. When we finally got to our table, she played quietly with her toys. I was so impressed with her behavior. My husband and I had such a great dinner.

Sometimes it seems like being a mommy is so overwhelming and demanding. But you know, it is kind of a good thing. She makes me appreciate the little things in life, like having a nice dinner with my husband. I am so lucky to have her in my life.

No comments: